UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5685  by hellfish

Any body kno if anything of the original gloworm exists anywhere,the original box chassis car that roy and bootsie drove in the sixties and seventies.Some have said that the body was put onto elsons sneaky altered but i have it on good authority that thats not the case,thats elsons body was a different body but with a paint job that echoed the old car.i have read in an old fire up mag that it was dretroyed by a stock car when it was on show at essex arena?Did anything live past that chassis body wise?would be great to find out,it was primitive and not very fast but lets not forget folks,it was our 1st fuel fc
 #5694  by sjb

hellfish wrote:would be great to find out,it was primitive and not very fast but lets not forget folks,it was our 1st fuel fc
i agree.
 #5746  by muddytalker

The original 'FGR Gloworm' Capri Funny Car was involved in a side on crash I seem to recall. Not at the drag strip I hasen to add but at Spedeworth's Wimbledon Stadium. And before you ask, no it wasn't racing that night against a bunch of stock car freaks it was on display in the stadium's centre green when a wayward F1 stock car hit it side on. I'm sure TT will find some mention of this incident in either a Drag Racing News, Kool Kams or Custom Car.