UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5357  by muddytalker

Don't know what's happened to your 'Super B' MGB Phil but here's a shot of the car from my own collection taken at Santa Pod.
 #5359  by Flying Phil

Many Thanks for the Photo - I never realised it ever made that much tyre smoke on the burnouts!!
- and I would still like to know what has happened to the car??
PS Merry Christmas to all Drag Racers - Past and Present!!
 #5728  by Flying Phil

Hi Muddy
Your Photo shows the car after I sold it, as I had exchanged the front wheels to keep my Frogeye ones! It went to Bob and Ollie Owen in Aug 1993 with those steel Ro-Style wheels. - But what has happened to it since then???
 #5737  by sid

its still about according to the DVLA.

with 3.5 engine.

good luck with your search.

sid.
 #5772  by Flying Phil

muddytalker wrote:Don't know what's happened to your 'Super B' MGB Phil but here's a shot of the car from my own collection taken at Santa Pod.
Hi again Muddy
On sorting through old "stuff" I came across an article I wrote which was published in the Enjoying MG magazine Jan 1992. Gerry is your father I believe?
Best Regards
Phil
Attachments
MG Enthusiast 2.jpg
MG Enthusiast 2.jpg (829.7 KiB) Viewed 9064 times
MG Enthusiast 1.jpg
MG Enthusiast 1.jpg (868.69 KiB) Viewed 9071 times
MG Enthusiast 3.jpg
MG Enthusiast 3.jpg (929.77 KiB) Viewed 9064 times
 #5811  by muddytalker

Yes Phil that's quite correct. Dad still has the shell and engine but most of the interior tin is now rusty and couldn't be used again as a race car. In fact dad cut all the glass panels up as they were too far gone: cracked and crazed all over the place.

Here's two from Street machine you might remember!

#5828  by Flying Phil

Nice Pics Muddy! In the Super Sprite picture is John Wilkin who raced a 3 litre Mk1 Capri - then he bought a Hauser chassis to take a 44o ci Chrysler in the Capri and raced in Super Gas (SG11 in 1992)
Pushing the Super B at its first outing at Avon Park (as was), is Simon Day - who, I believe, still owns "Vicious Trait" and is still on the SCR safety crew?? The other pit crew was Mike (Pud) Swatland who briefly raced a Rover engined Ford 105E Anglia - "Puddings Revenge". We four were the basic elements of "The Leicester Drag Racing Club" and we also did a couple of local shows.
 #6563  by cunningplan

Flying Phil wrote:Hi Tog
If you see Simon can you ask him to get in touch (via this website?) It would be nice to catch up with him.
best regards
Phil
I will see him over the weekend and ask him to get in touch with you.

Tony