UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4382  by mike07986

iv brought steve bollards ex vauxhall firenza drag car i was woundering if anyone had any infomation on the car its got a 10 bolt chevy and runs a ford 460 so any pics or info much aperacitate use to be called against all odds

cheers mike
 #4393  by Badger

Here's the car in 88. It was one of a new wave of Super Gassers debuting and coming together in the North at that time. I don't know if Steve Bollard quit after this car, he was running a corsair in the Street Class in the late seventies.
Attachments
s.bollard88.jpg
s.bollard88.jpg (337.02 KiB) Viewed 14157 times
 #4396  by mike07986

thanks for the pic reali apresheated she looks a peach if youve got any more or no of any more be very gratefull mike

fat pack racing
 #15803  by muddytalker

Any ideas on who this Firenza belongs to? Again it was photographed at York around the early nineties.

#15806  by ritchi101

isn,t that the old jon ince car that ran in mod et he ran it at york quite a bit used to be red, but im sure its the same car.
 #15807  by muddytalker

There's a drivers name on the side window but you can't read it. Perhaps Badger might be able to ID the car as its his old stomping gound or dragracerdave are you out there?
 #15812  by dragracerdave

I think the guys name was Andy Bell (deff. Andy!) & the cars name was Limelight, ran an AMC motor, not seen it for a long time though.
Good to see Steve Bollards car again too!
 #15820  by v8 jago

Mike. It looks cool back in the dayz. Any chance of some photos from today ?? Would love to see how it looks now.
 #15841  by dragracerdave

dragracerdave wrote:I think the guys name was Andy Bell (deff. Andy!) & the cars name was Limelight, ran an AMC motor, not seen it for a long time though.
Good to see Steve Bollards car again too!
Just had confirmation from Dave Billadeau that the lads name was ANDY SCOTT, & it was AMC powered after he bought the engine which was 'supposed' to be an ex super gas Mopar! Dave says it ran 13's but does not know where it went.
 #29867  by muddytalker

ritchi101 wrote:isn,t that the old jon ince car that ran in mod et he ran it at york quite a bit used to be red, but im sure its the same car.
This is how the Jon Ince Firenza ended up in top end crash at Avon Park in 1993 I think.
TS 24.jpg
TS 24.jpg (161.54 KiB) Viewed 13788 times
TS 25.jpg
TS 25.jpg (174.3 KiB) Viewed 13788 times
TS 26.jpg
TS 26.jpg (258 KiB) Viewed 13788 times
TS 27.jpg
TS 27.jpg (244.1 KiB) Viewed 13788 times
Photos courtesy of the Tony Smith Collection