UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#15357  by dart

Yes Graham Hawes owned Black Macic previously. I think Rick Guzzi got it from him.Can remember seeing it parked outside Grahams workshop by the Scilly Isles roundabout on the A3 just outside Kingston.
 #15361  by fester

Well,ive just made ash sit down and read this thread ,he was fascinated as he has hardly any memory of racing this car,work that one out :shock: Anyway he said that after the small block he installed in the car a big block ,at the same time he put a mullens speed shop dana it the rear with a rear chassis clip from alston i think he said,he also had a spare ali big block he was going to install after the iron big block,but at its first meet at the pod with the big block a liner collapsed killing the engine,that was the end financially,he then uttered those famous words....never again........anyway he bringing the white nova out at the springmeet,after buying the car of his son adam,as is ash"s way ,he doing this super serious aiming for 8.9s. Another thing that ash said was that hes never seen a picture of it with the big block because of only one meet like that evidently it sat different...............bill
 #17514  by ukdrn

Another picture of the car from Steve Hope.
 #17661  by Detroit Hustle

I Have shared a workshop with Glen since the '80's, He owned Madness for many years. He bought the rolling shell and fitted a blown 427 with a clutch turbo, and made the car street legal again, but never used it on the road. He sold it a good few years ago to a guy with a recovery firm in Ponders End, whose name I've long since forgotten, but I know Dave Pollen knowns him. It has not turned a wheel since as far as I know and isn't likely to. I should have some photo's somewhere.....
 #17662  by Detroit Hustle

Here's a couple of when Ashley owned it, had the tunnel rammed big block in it at the time.
Attachments
mad2.jpg
mad2.jpg (96.42 KiB) Viewed 11554 times
mad1.jpg
mad1.jpg (86.24 KiB) Viewed 11554 times
 #17663  by Detroit Hustle

This is the only one I can find of when Glen had it, not a very good picture but you can see the blown motor, it had mechanical injection which never ran quite right.
Attachments
mad3.jpg
mad3.jpg (110.58 KiB) Viewed 11553 times
 #17671  by dragracerdave

Detroit Hustle wrote:Here's a couple of when Ashley owned it, had the tunnel rammed big block in it at the time.
Hey! I think thats My Mustang II ! :D
Any Idea when this pic was taken?
 #17681  by dragracerdave

thanks for that, I've owned it since '90 & its nice to know it was going to drag strips before I owned it! :)