UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4005  by fester

ash is in the same yard as me he now has with his son,adam a beautifull nova that runs mid nines.Has any one got any pics of his blue camaro madness he says he hasnt got any. his tow vehicle achevy dually was painted in the some blue colour scheme,,,,cheers
 #4006  by Badger

Recently I found a link to pics of a custom car show in Farnborough (mid eighties). I haven't got the link now though.
Timetravel think I remember emailing you the link ... Was it you? With a query about that very car. If so do you remember what site the link was to?

There was a couple of half decent pics of it on display in the blue scheme with the big tunnel ram setup and so on ..

Previously it was owned by Terry Gibbs as Black Magic I think. Ash Troope, ran the car in 80 at York at the Street Racer Champs still in black but renamed Madness.
 #4009  by Badger

Nice work Herb, for some reason I'd got it into my head I'd seen those pics somewhere other than Nick's site.

There's the car anyway with a sparkly set of draglites and many other trick pieces!
 #4010  by herb andrews

Badger, It was also linked via the NSRA website, which I guess is what you were thinking of.

Bill, is the Nova white? I first saw a white one at one of the Pod's RWYB late last year, it had been imported from Alabama or some where close. Nice car, runs good.

Herb
 #4011  by Badger

By the way check out the exhibitors lists on the Farnborough show link, quality turn-out of drag cars in attendance.
 #4014  by Badger

Thanks TT for digging up the original. Plenty of shots there with a good view of Ash's Camaro.
See it's been back halved - the works, come a long way since it's Black Magic days.

I do remember seeing a couple of pics of the car in blue possibly in S/Machine probably at SM RWYB's at SPR. Black and white pics my sketchy memory is telling me.

Also of note, Trev Young's rail still in Comp Products colours but with Dennis Chereden down as owner?
 #4090  by muddytalker

Hey Badger, just come across this find in the pages of Street Machine 1983 with the 'Madness' car headlining one of Mike Collins' articles.

#4094  by Badger

Good find! In 83 then I guess it would of been a Top Modified runner? 84 was the first year for Super Gas .. at least it was in the North.