UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3909  by herb andrews

John Wright and John Sutton ran a injected, nitro (?), RED called Rainmaker, in Pro Comp (?).
What do you know about it?
Was it a new chassis or a reincarnation of somebodys elses race car? How long/well did it run for and where did it go to?
Herb
 #4121  by herb andrews

Anybody out there with news on this?
Herb
 #4127  by ukdrn

Don't know if you missed this on another thread Herb so I reposted it anyway.
BB-05.jpg
BB-05.jpg (71.3 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
 #4145  by muddytalker

So far Herb I can tell you that the Wright & Sutton Pro Comper ran 5.1's at 140 plus mph over the eighth mile at Long Marston in '76.
 #5289  by rainmaker

Herb - Just picked up on this - To answer your query - Chassis was new to us,built by Graham Swann in'75 - Running gear came from Rainmaker 1 (the old Age Machine) - The car was sold off in pieces - Engine went in Terry Gibb's Camaro, less camshaft, injection and mag,Tom Laffey had the cam and injection , the cam went into his Opel Manta I think the injection got sold on. The mag went to a F1 stock car(Brian Powles). The Olds back axle went into Rick Fielding's last car,the blown Dolomite engined slingshot.The rest of the car was bought by a guy called "Hoss" Grace complete with the trailer - Last I knew he was putting a big block Mopar in it,then I heard that he was emigrating to Australia and the trail went cold - Nice to know somebody remembered the old girl !
 #5290  by muddytalker

Welcome to the fourm John. I knew you couldn't resist the temptation to post about the old car for too long. I'm sure that in these long winter month's ahead of us you'll find other interesting threads to comment upon instead of a cold workshop!