UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37542  by davetbird

Hi there,
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.
I've got a 93 Thunderbird lx that I plan on taking drag racing. I'm only starting out in the sport so will obviously be starting in the lower classes and building my way up as I progressively build on the car. I am aiming to eventually build it up to somewhere near pro stock spec but want to keep it all in keeping with the period of the car. I've done some searching around but can find very little information on the specs and regulations of cars from this era. The plan would be to get the chassis built for the 2015 season then gradually build the rest of the car over the coming years.
Does anybody have any information at all that would help me? I can't even find anything telling me what engine was used at the moment but I know it must have been ford as they used a pro stock car as a major selling point for the road going version as did Goodyear tyres.

This is what I am aiming for
farm4.static.flickr.com/3547/3821888497_98e8d45ec8.jpg

Like I say any info will be greatly appreciated
 #37699  by bigaldart

Hi,
in those cars Glidden ran a 429 Boss engine taken out to 500 cu in. If you ever win the lottery Kaase racing engines still do new versions of this engine, but much bigger :-)

Alan
 #37704  by ukdrn

Hi Alan.
It would be nice to see some period Pro Stock cars like Glidden's.
Are you from the UK?

Jon