UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#35821  by ukdrn

Julian Webb has very kindly sent me some pictures of Mick Butlers classic Cyclops drag bike.
There are the flames to add to the paint and a few other details but it will be out and running this year 8)
I can't wait :)
1.jpg
1.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 11141 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 11141 times
 #35823  by jaytee

Super Cyclops was the twin engine bike, the restored bike looks stunning, one of mine from Crystal Palace with the earlier frame, the shot is the wrong way round if you know what I mean, it'll be nice if Mick's Weslake V twin reappeared sometime in the future
Attachments
amb.jpg
amb.jpg (248.45 KiB) Viewed 11102 times
 #35828  by oily bike bloke

Glorious looking machine.............. seeing and hearing it run would be a treat.

Photo 'mirrored' so primary is now on the correct side.
Attachments
amb.jpg
amb.jpg (137.88 KiB) Viewed 11018 times
 #35835  by Julian Webb

Hi Guys I'm glad you like it.
I've just been talking to Colin Fallows who is rebuilding the bike, it will definitely be out on track this year.
He already has a couple of events booked in.
He has had it running this week and is going to send me a video that I will post here once I receive it, I hope it will include his neighbour coming round to complain about the noise!
I'm sure he will be pleased you like what he has achieved so far

Julian Webb
 #35965  by ukdrn

Well here she is, alive and kicking again.
 #35976  by oily bike bloke

Sure seemed to fire up nice 'n' easy, sounding just as it should..... impressed that it basically 'ticked over' as sweetly as it did too, well done guys!!

So what are the events that the bike's scheduled to be running at this year?
 #35977  by ukdrn

oily bike bloke wrote:Sure seemed to fire up nice 'n' easy, sounding just as it should..... impressed that it basically 'ticked over' as sweetly as it did too, well done guys!!

So what are the events that the bike's scheduled to be running at this year?
I know Keith Lee has invited them to Dragstalgia as part of the NSA shootout and I think Jerry has made enquiries about them running at Shakey maybe.
 #35979  by CRR

Colin is at most of the NSA Westonzoyland meetings with son Robert and their Yams, so may well give it an airing there.
 #36063  by ukdrn

Looking very smart with her clothes back on.
Thanks Julian for the picture.
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (154.89 KiB) Viewed 10254 times