UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#35620  by shabby1
 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 am
Some interesting stuff turning up on this thread.
Thanks for the link to Animal and Quo Vardis etc,but I concentrating on Imp engined for the moment.
Muddy in my dim memory I think I recall a mag write-up on your dad's Midget with the Imp motor.
The restored Impluse looks superb,as an aside when I first moved to Hertfordshire in the early '80s the company I worked for rented 4 Whitehall Cottages at Watton at Stone for me to live in as part of the deal-It was Maurice Brierley's old place and the workshop where he created 'Methamon' was still in the back.
I got a copy of the £100 Dragster build about Mick Wheeler's Scorpion in a BDR&HR mag from 1966/67 it's in the cupboard somewhere so I'll have to dig it out when I get home in the New Year.
Cheers
Chris
 #35622  by eraider
 Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:04 pm
Attachments
1968_037 ad for dragster.jpg
1968_037 ad for dragster.jpg (23.19 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
 #35626  by shabby1
 Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm
I may have this completely wrong(not the first time) but was the second owner of 'Scorpion' John Rotherham and is/was he the owner of an Allard Dragon.....Avanti maybe?
Not at home at the moment so can't check.
Chris
 #35627  by timetravel
 Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:02 pm
shabby1 wrote:I may have this completely wrong(not the first time) but was the second owner of 'Scorpion' John Rotherham and is/was he the owner of an Allard Dragon.....Avanti maybe?
Not at home at the moment so can't check.
Chris
yep he ran Scorpion in 1970 & '71 then got an Allard Dragon in '72 which he renamed Avanti