UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29145  by stevey
 Wed May 02, 2012 2:36 pm
Wow Marcus that looks like a fine piece of work I would love to hear that run!
good luck
Steve
 #29165  by DaveysDelivery
 Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 pm
My cousin and I are currently rebuilding the Altered which was Dave Gibbons 'Rough Diamond' with a blown big Chevy and Topolino body. Here are some pictures from a couple of months ago, we have made progress since and intend to get the car out in the daylight over the weekend as its now fully rolling.

Page 3 was a great read, its certainly travelled well in its time.

This is going to be the engine for now, it previously lived in my Model a street car and ran 10.0's on treads.
 #29166  by eraider
 Sat May 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Nice one dave! Your certainly ahead on the toys front, pot plants too!
 #29289  by Millevanille
 Tue May 15, 2012 2:03 pm
003.jpg
Back to the thread one of Norm's best. Am trying desperately to get it back on the track for Dragstalgia.
Watch this space.
 #29291  by Millevanille
 Tue May 15, 2012 2:06 pm
That tow car was a 5.3 V12 XJ! Fuel consumption towing was around 8 mpg.
 #29292  by stevey1
 Tue May 15, 2012 4:32 pm
Norm
just to add some info to your original post, john Powis's Henry's revenge has been sold to a chap in West Yorkshire along with a mountain of Cleveland parts! when I was down at the workshop Saturday I noticed in the corner the original front end which had a love in with some armco and a new tripod front end had been fitted, did you update the chassis for John? it is very neat I will try and post a picture tonight
Steve