UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2555  by Stormin Norm

Bench racing with some ex racers recently it was suggested i should post a thread to try and locate the cars I built from 76 to 84 - so here goes
starting with--
76 Wheel Thing jag T altered-Tim Claxton coyotee-
Andy Muir dart- Where next??

77 Wheel Thing inj nitro small block T. sold to guy in Hythe kent who never ran it as advertised in DRN
Who bought it? Mike kason bought the engine at some point!

Altered for Mike Kason Sunoco topolino-no info until Bob Glassup bought the chassis then found

Topo body to make Bubblegum. body is now on xtreme NFAA car-where is the chassis?

Apollo jag T altered-sold abroad. where is it now?

Trojan horse jag T altered for Paul Cummings-where is it now?

Altered with Audi engine T body called Plum tuckered -Graham Peake

Rear engined junior dragster for above team-where are they now??

Altered chassis with cleveland motor -Henrys revenge John Powis-does he still have it?

Altered chassis T body rover V8 for John Gibbons Alkymist- Any leads?

Slingshot chassis blown lancia twin cam -John Parkinson

Chassis for Geoff Martin/ Andy Gibson oxford builder 2 -On another thread-any leads?

Altered with T body for Tim Claxton/rifle Jeans-Roy Webb spiderman-does he own it now?

Rifle Jeans pro-comp dragster Sold in italy after demonstratingat bolognia motor show,what happened to it?? I would really like to find it for the historic value!

Altered for a guy who had corvette body mould. he lived in a village near Chipping Norton oxon, bit of a long shot i cant even remember his name!

Altered for Harry and bob haggas-porsche 924 body-BBC eng. what happened to it??

Plan X slingshot sold Dave & Sue coles on to Jim Seward On to american guy who sold it to b&j nostalgia. Sold to someone oop north.

Blood Sweat & Tears Jag T altered for Wilkins Bros. sold to Jacquie & Liz Phillips and became dads objection 2. subject of another thread any more leads?

Altered with T body which became Dave Gibbons rough diamond- sold abroad??

Altered for John Foden & Ken Hessey -Frantic 2 jag V12 topolino

This is all from memory- there may be some more i cant remember.
Those with good memories will be suitably rewarded with beer at the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Norm.

#2556  by Millevanille

Roy Webb still has the altered Norm. Its right here in Norwich. The engine was ex Kason, originally Martin Rowatt, and rebuilt by him in 1981.
 #2559  by cunningplan

Stormin Norm wrote: Altered for Mike Kason Sunoco topolino-no info until Bob Glassup bought the chassis then found

Topo body to make Bubblegum. body is now on xtreme NFAA car-where is the chassis?

Regards
Norm.

I bought the chassis from Bob, but as it was to long, done a straight swap with Dan Sharp with the old Dorset Horn 6 chassis.
Dan is still building the car with one of the old Stage Coach bodys on it.

As the Doset Horn chassis will now not tag, I sold it on the Scotty Durrent who is building a car for his girlfriend which should be out very soon.

Me, I am still using my own old chassis in test and tunes, as soon as I have the time and can afford it, will be building a new to tech chassis.

#2560  by flying toilet

Martin Rowatt used to live in the same road as us in the past.

John Powiss was last out with his altered in 1995 with a flying toilet on the F**d motor. He span it at the top end, got out and bowed to the bank!

#2561  by timetravel

I think I know where no.7 on the list is which started out as Graham Peake and Peter Mack's Audi powered "Plum Tuckered" T altered. They swapped the motor for an RS2000 Pinto in 1984 and I'm pretty sure this car then became "Going Bye-Bye" run by John Guthrie. By the early 90s John had progressed to a blown alky Rover V8 in the car and then sold the chassis to the Hartnell family for Lee Hartnell to drive with another Rover V8 in it and as far as I know still runs with the Wild Bunch. These pics show the car in 1981, '89 and as it is now. I took the first two and the last one was nicked off the Wild Bunch site......... Image Image Image

#2567  by Badger

pretty sure the ex Bubblegum chassis now resides in the 'Dorset Horn' stable of altereds.

#2569  by cunningplan

sorry, should have made it clear, Dan is the son of Dick Sharp and the two cars are being built along side each other down in deapest Dorset.

#2571  by Badger

My fault Tony, I didn't see you're earlier post ..

#2573  by herb andrews

Norm

Possible to add to the list:

A. Was the same chassis used by Mike Kason when he ran the altered with the Sunaco topolino body and also the T body?

B. Did you make a chassis for Dave Burfits 'Boss Cat'?

C. How about the chassis, body or both for Pretty thing?, the links from Alan Currans excellent site Image

Herb

#2578  by Stormin Norm

Herb.
A. I think so.
B.I did not build a chassis for Dave Burfitt but he may bought
one of the list.
C.Chris Pretty,s altered was Brian Mondey,s Optimist

Norm.