UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30376  by Badger

More self indulgence and no secret that I've got a thing about 63 Corvette Pro Mod's. Couple of months ago I was working on this template it needed a complete top view, got a bit carried away and curious to see what it might look like as a modern day 'Sting' car ..
Not the first airing for this on the net, but was thinking it could look at home in this thread.
My thanks again to Dave Derry for the kind permission to include his pic

I promised myself a couple of years ago that I would get the cars down that have been floating around in my head a while, the Gunne Back rend is an example of that. Simply couldnt find the time though, but at the beginning of the year I thought if I don't make a determined effort to make time available to do these they'll never get done. Got the ball rolling with an F/A version of the old 'Satan's Pawn' custom Devon from 79 and now I've got a bit of momentum. Got concept PM and TD cars on the drawing board just now as personal projects and then I'll do a digital updated version of my 75 Avenger.
Attachments
StingVettePM.jpg
StingVettePM.jpg (720.16 KiB) Viewed 6069 times
 #32149  by blackmagic

both alan and liz are still living in dewsbury, Alan has a ferrari 360 challenge car, as well as mgb factory sebring car from the early 60s, he has raced in the gt cup as well as historic meetings, so is still active in motor sport.

His latest addition is a stealth gt1 with a small block chevy, to which he is seen quite often on track days at oulton park, he transports all of the cars in a 40 ft converted bus, just like he did when he had the vettes.
 #32152  by Badger

Great stuff! Wonder if they still have the rag top vette ..
 #32159  by blackmagic

Badger wrote:Great stuff! Wonder if they still have the rag top vette ..
no that was sold some years ago, it was completely restored back to original, and painted red, the priddle car , as has been covered elswere went with john mills to the states.

both are very well and enjoying retirement.
 #32162  by muddytalker

One from Doug's collection.
20121229151743_01.jpg
20121229151743_01.jpg (523.37 KiB) Viewed 5796 times