UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#34369  by stevey1
 Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 am
that looks very much like Mick Pearce's old car, ran an Alfa Romeo engine back in the early 70's was a solid 11 second car in it's day. Mick used to work for a Leatherhead based company called Faba fabrication, this company was owned by Malcolm Beken who ran the Fusion rear engine dragster with a rare BRM/Hillman engine. Mick sold the car to Mark Coulsell's dad and there are pictures of a very young Mark dreaming of driving it somewhere!
Steve
 #34372  by stevey1
 Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:54 pm
yes that was the name when Mick had it from memory it was a VW transaxle with the twin cam alfa up front, my pal made another adaptor and fitted the pinto in, from memory it was a very snug fit, both Mick and my pal are vertically challenged, he would love to see the car again after 35 years. I have sent you an email so I can put you two in contact. this car was quite a trend setter as the rear engine concept had only been finally mastered a couple of year before Mick built this.
Steve
 #34381  by skippy
 Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm
if you type his name followed by dragster on google it comes up two titles one from santa pod arcives and one from blackbush (timetravel dvds) there is a good picture here.

it has still got the vw transaxle and the 2ltr pinto adapter. cheers steve