UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#156  by ukdrn

Anyone have any idea about the Wynn's Winder car below. Was it a deal of one of Dennis Priddle's cars only I haven't seen any pictures of this car on the track in this livery

#162  by timetravel

I think that's one of Prudhomme's old fuellers that came over here as part of an advertising campaign for Wynns.

#163  by sjb

dident Revel do a 1/16 scale kit of that

#164  by TimeMachine

It does have similar paint to his famed Wynn's Winder, but of the few pictures I could find online most were either in black and white or of the restored car in a museum - and any other results tended to be of various models made of it, making ID difficult.

I wonder if the name Wynn's Winder was on more than one car in the states, but I haven't found many references to it anywhere.

#189  by jaytee

I'd agree with timetravel it looks like Prudhommes with the 426 hemi

#191  by muddytalker

You're right sjb. Revell did make a model. All of the parts were moulded from the very first 1/16th Top Fuel Dragster 'The Loner' of Tony Nancy but with different decal sheets.

#2722  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote:Anyone have any idea about the Wynn's Winder car below. Was it a deal of one of Dennis Priddle's cars only I haven't seen any pictures of this car on the track in this livery
Just come across an article in the Oct '72 National Drag Racer magazine by Dave Hoy about a meeting at Felton nr. Newcastle where the Wynn's Winder was on static display courtesy of Wynn's Rep Ian Kirwood so I reckon this pic was taken there

#2723  by Badger

Seem to remember an article in CC about an Old Snake Cuda being in the North East at the jennings group (Dealership) I think on promo duty.
Not sure of the year though .. mid seventies at some point.

What do we know about Felton anyway. I should know more about this, did they run the eighth or full quarter .. I've got a blurred image in my mind from somewhere of Ricky Brooke's Stripper Mini altered on track there, which would make sense as Ricky was from South Shields nr Newcastle.

#2724  by timetravel

Here's a piece from Drag Racer Oct '75. It would be nice to see any pics anybody has from Felton showing some of the machines that ran there Image