UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#32058  by NitroWars
 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 pm
shasta wrote:Although the 7 second run attributed to this bike is generally regarded as having been spurious, what times did this bike run? Did it ever get near the magical 7 second barrier?
8.2/8.3s were the best if my memory is serving me correctly...
 #33355  by shasta
 Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 am
I was contacted by Bob Webster regarding this bike and he gave a different view of the seven second run. He is definite that it was a true time, the bike was running 8.0's prior to it, and the nito load was upped beforehand. He is dismayed that people do not accept it, it could not be backed up due to damage sustained during the run. Does anyone have a record ot the times run that meeting Aug 28/30 1982?
The bike will be on show at the Chichester College Bike Show 2013 held at Chichester on 23rd June more details from bikeshow@chichester.ac.uk .
 #33357  by Kelvin Fagan
 Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 pm
timetravel wrote:here it is at Snetterton 1977...
67.jpg

That's Pat Neal in the far lane, a nice photo of the two bikes/riders

Kelv
 #33862  by muddytalker
 Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:53 pm
shasta wrote:The bike will be on show at the Chichester College Bike Show 2013 held at Chichester on 23rd June more details from bikeshow@chichester.ac.uk .
Would you be prepared to show the restored bike anywhere else this year, like Long Marston for instance?