UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31725  by muddytalker

No not the Don Mclean classic but the American Pie slingshot dragster which made its one and only debut at the 2006 at both the NSRA Nostalgia Nationals and Hot Rod Drags in the hands of Paul Bambrick and was powered by a 302ci Chevy. This is the only shot I can find from the Acceleration Archive but Andy Kirk ran a nice piece on the car on the DRC Review: http://www.drcreview.com/news.asp?art=172. If anyone has any more photos or can shed some light on its whereabouts then you know what to do....
American Pie.jpg
American Pie.jpg (147.56 KiB) Viewed 9204 times
 #31850  by muddytalker

It would appear that the American Pie slingshot will be making a return to the drag strips next year with Paul at the wheel. Since the cars two meets in 2006 the team have all reunited and got behind the car which will now feature a methanol injected Hemi which should all be buttoned up and ready to go by the Nostalgia Nationals in June. I'm hoping to speak with Paul soon to get a further update but thanks Norm for the info.
 #31851  by timetravel

muddytalker wrote:It would appear that the American Pie slingshot will be making a return to the drag strips next year with Paul at the wheel. Since the cars two meets in 2006 the team have all reunited and got behind the car which will now feature a methanol injected Hemi which should all be buttoned up and ready to go by the Nostalgia Nationals in June. I'm hoping to speak with Paul soon to get a further update but thanks Norm for the info.
..that's good news Muddy, tis a great looking rail...
 #31852  by muddytalker

I know. I'm shocked that we can't find anymore good photos of this car. I'll send you the vid with it on soon.
 #33968  by zitsarelli

Car is alive & well sitting up at Kevin Cerasale's place. See photos of latest work done at http://www.bambrickstudio.co.uk Bespoke/vehicles section along with a bit of info. Thanks for the kind comments, will finish it ASAP. Cheers...Paul
 #33971  by ukdrn

Thanks for letting us know about the car. I'm looking forward to seeing it as it a really nice looking machine.