UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6548  by jaytee

Thanks Jane,that's an amazing number of cars,were they all dragsters or did he build altereds as well
 #6560  by ukdrn

I don't know if you see this picture taken by Colin Barlow that I posted in another thread Jane so I thought
I would post it again anyway.
 #6626  by Harry's Girl

Hi Herb, you mentioned earlier on in this thread that you may be able to get any news about Stripduster from Bill Archer, is there any chance you are still in contact with him ? The early days of when Stripduster was originally sold are not too clear and any help would be great, pictures too if he has any.

Many thanks :D

Jane
 #6659  by herb andrews

Dave Coles see's Bill once in a while so I will see what I can do, but it might take some time. Will let you know.
Herb
 #6679  by ukdrn

Jane here's another picture you may have not seen, it's you dad pushing the car at the Santa Pod 69 season final and clocking 290secs.
Picture:Colin Barlow
 #6682  by Harry's Girl

Thanks for the pic Jon, was this something to do with a bye run ? I will give Harold a call and see what he remembers, obviously not his best time that pass ..... :(
 #6714  by Harry's Girl

Apparantly the half shaft in the rear axle broke, so Harold had to push the car to the finish to win that particular round (it was a bye run) and even though it was 290 second run, he still won !!!! :D

Website almost done, should be published tomorrow !!!!! All being well :(