UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6455  by timetravel

Here's a pic of Harold and family having a tea break in 1970
ss6.jpg
ss6.jpg (104.89 KiB) Viewed 7555 times
 #6459  by Harry's Girl

Thanks very much for the pic, do you mind if I use it on the forthcoming website ? Its one I've not seen before. Been trying to work out which brother is which ?
 #6461  by timetravel

Harry's Girl wrote:Thanks very much for the pic, do you mind if I use it on the forthcoming website ? Its one I've not seen before. Been trying to work out which brother is which ?
Yes you can use the pic on your site, it was posted on the NSRA forum by Lee Andrew who got it off ebay so I don't know who took the pic originally
 #6465  by gtibob

I remember Harold blowing the engine in 67 or 68 on a Saturday at the Pod. I had a 948cc A series laying in the garage at home. It had been removed from my Morris Minor to make way for something bigger. On the Sat. night we drove to Harrow in Harolds Jag., possibly a MK9, and collected the engine which he rebuilt overnight and was able to compete on the Sunday.
 #6466  by Harry's Girl

We were only talking about that two days ago, I was aking my Dad to recall stories or funnies that I can put on the website, I remember he did rebuild the engine overnight to race the next day, can I ask your name, I'm sure he would like to know that you remember and yes it was a mk 9 Jag, I even recall the number plate
PJY 177..

Jane
 #6467  by Badger

Jane, it's great to hear from relatives of our famous drag racers of days gone by here!

There are a few others, Vicky Stone and Carly Churchill spring to mind who also post here ..

Can't wait to see the website!
 #6469  by tony morris

Hi Jane, as you may have already read on this post my dad Roy Morris purchased Stripduster in 1980 and exported it to Germany. The picture below was taken in Erlensee Germany at the US airbase where we drag raced in early 1980's, that's my dad standing next to the car with a friend in the drivers seat. As I stated earlier in this post he was letting him drive the car but he never had enough rev's on the start line and never got the car to run to it's full potential.

Please feel free to use any of the picture's I have posted of Stripduster for your new website, my dad and I look forward to seeing it.

My sister still live's in Germany and is involved still in Drag racing, she runs the history of German drag racing website. Maybe she could help in locating the car.

http://www.dragracinghistory.de/index.html

Tony Morris

#6474  by Harry's Girl

Thanks Tony I've not seen this picture before and its a good clear one too. I have actually sent an email to Andrea earlier this week but have not had a reply yet, I'm hoping that maybe she can help. Its really good to see that so many people are interested in Stripduster. Thanks again

Jane
 #6475  by gtibob

Hi Jane,
I'm Bob Venison, along with Brian Gibson I used to run Wild Thing the metallic purple Pop with the 3.4 Jag engine. Hav'nt been to the Pod for some years now but my son Neil was there on Easter Friday the only day without snow I believe
 #6483  by Harry's Girl

Hi Bob, I remember Wild Thing ! Obviously I didnt go to the pod as much as my brothers being a mere female....but it's great that there is still so much interest in Stripduster. I cetainly have some good memories of those weekends with my Dad, alot of the names are familiar when trawling throught the photos, brings back alot of stuff I didnt know I remembered !!!! Blonde moment... I havnt been to Santa Pod for alot of years now, but I gather its so different now. My brother's, Tim and Simon go sometimes.

A bit spooky that we were talking about the overnight engine change just a couple of days ago and here you are ...... :shock:

Thanks again

Jane

PS I have just tonight sent an email to a guy in Germany who can hopefully point me in the right direction to find Stripduster....would be great to know where she is now