UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30562  by muddytalker

Tog ran this item a couple of weeks back on Eurodragster but there’s a guy out in Frankfurt, Germany by the name of Chris who is obviously a micro car buff having come across this photo of a Peel Trident taken at Long Marston Racing in 1982. Also looking at an exploded view of the picture I would say that the photo wasn't taken at an ordinary drag meet either judging by the marshals on the line and the wooden lining up device used in sprints and hillclimbs infront of the Street Machine banner. Also there's only one photo electric cell too. NDRC ran three so I would hazard a guess that this is from a Vintage Motor Club sprint.
52_[1].jpg
52_[1].jpg (45.09 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
Chris is eager to find any information about this vehicle especially as the original Trident’s only had a 1 cylinder 98cc 6.5hp engine. Naturally I’ve looked through all my stuff from the early eighties when NDRC ran the events at Long Marston but without success. Chris would be grateful for any information especially any ET’s of speed’s if possible and seeing the post again might help jog one of our forum members!
 #30563  by JonC

muddytalker wrote: ... Chris is eager to find any information about this vehicle especially as the original Trident’s only had a 1 cylinder 98cc 6.5hp engine. ... Chris would be grateful for any information especially any ET’s of speed’s if possible and seeing the post again might help jog one of our forum members!
Do you think it is likely to have crossed the finish line yet then?
 #30564  by muddytalker

Not sure but it looks pretty nippy away from the startline. I detect a little bit of clutch smoke at the rear maybe!!!
 #30565  by dragamx

what a great little car was the motor standard :D 8) :lol: