UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30532  by Dave gibbons

I found out too late that my old Daimler powered Wild Angel dragster. formerly the Herridge Pulsation/Motorvation car, was up for sale. I'm deeply disappointed to miss the opportunity to own this car again, and unfortunately the guy who sold it (Ben?) was unable to supply me with the details of the new owner. I sopld the car around '78 to a guy named Graham Dare (I think) and it vanished from the face of the earth. You can't imagine how surprised I am to discover it still exists!

If you are the new owner, or know who he is please get in touch. While I'm sure the car's not currently for sale, I'd like to register my interest should it become available - if nothing else I'd like to see it again. And, as I still dabble in race car fabrication I might even be able to help.

Dave Gibbons

#30533  by MotorPsycho

I'll be seeing Ben at racing this weekend, will see if I can get a name for you
 #30534  by laurieshaw

I and a mate owned the car back in 1989 when we found it sitting in somebodys front garden. We played about with it for a few years and finally got the car running with a SBC and used the car for RWYB meetings and took it out with the Wild Bunch in the early '90s. We sold the car about 1999 (I think) by which time we were doing about 10.90 @ 140.
I've seen it for sale a couple of times minus the engine and other bits and pieces including in Custom Car over the last few years. If you are interested I will dig out what I can find of my time with the car.
 #30535  by longtimeracer

I remember Pulsation coming out in 1965 and it was the best v8 British built dragster around then, Herridges workmanship was superb. We ended up with the 6 Solex carb set up and Titan fuel pump for Motor Psycho which put it in the 11's in 1970 and continuing the link, I bought the steering box(Anglia of course) and front wheels(spoked Borrani rims) which will go on my slingshot for 2008. It will be great to have a bit of drag racing heritage racing in the 21st century! :D
 #30536  by TimeMachine

longtimeracer wrote:We ended up with the 6 Solex carb set up and Titan fuel pump for Motor Psycho which put it in the 11's in 1970 and continuing the link, I bought the steering box(Anglia of course) and front wheels(spoked Borrani rims) which will go on my slingshot for 2008. It will be great to have a bit of drag racing heritage racing in the 21st century! :D
How is the new car coming along? I am looking forward to seeing it on the track, more slingshots is a good thing IMHO.
 #30538  by laurieshaw

It sounds like the former Wild Angel car has been broken up. Its a shame after it was running again, we had a lot of fun with it. The photos are of the car when my
drag3.JPG
drag3.JPG (200.76 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
mate Alex and I first got it and one when it was running. RIP.
Attachments
drag1.jpg
drag1.jpg (270.66 KiB) Viewed 7134 times
drag2.jpg
drag2.jpg (302.82 KiB) Viewed 7141 times
 #30539  by longtimeracer

I might have bought the chassis but it can't be tagged so I just had the bits I needed. The chassis is still intact and was sold yet again so it might re-appear. It would have to run non-MSA or at RWYBs' now.