Page 1 of 3

Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Wed May 16, 2012 9:41 pm
by jai_ford
Any info pictures on ken coopers blast from the past slingshot as I have been told a good chance I have a ken cooper chassis even could be his iconic blast from the past cheers guys

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Wed May 16, 2012 10:28 pm
by ukdrn
This sounds very interesting, please tell us more, pictures?
Image
Picture: Alan Currans

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 pm
by jai_ford
Seen that photo on here the slingshot is now at the Stamford speed under going a restoration so we can get it back on the black stuff my dad brought in 98 and it's was already called the blast from the past and has sat in my dads garage as a next week project 14 years later I have stole it and took it to the slingshot master for some magic and hope to suprise him in a few weeks on his 60th birthday ready to race at shakey on 24th June it was Johnny mental hall that advised me could be a ken cooper creation since then minds been in overdrive trying to find out will sort pics for you all to judge thanks James

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am
by ukdrn
jai_ford wrote:Seen that photo on here the slingshot is now at the Stamford speed under going a restoration so we can get it back on the black stuff my dad brought in 98 and it's was already called the blast from the past and has sat in my dads garage as a next week project 14 years later I have stole it and took it to the slingshot master for some magic and hope to suprise him in a few weeks on his 60th birthday ready to race at shakey on 24th June it was Johnny mental hall that advised me could be a ken cooper creation since then minds been in overdrive trying to find out will sort pics for you all to judge thanks James
Hi James,
What a great surprise that will be for him and that's a really nice thing you've done for him.
Please keep us updated and post some pictures when possible.
I look forward to seeing the car this year :)

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Thu May 17, 2012 3:18 pm
by herb andrews
Have you talked to Ken or sent him any pictures? I have his number if you need it.

Herb

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Thu May 17, 2012 7:32 pm
by longtimeracer
Great car, it would be fantastic to see it back on the track, flathead powered?

Older brother Brian used to crew for Ken and I think this car was bought by Pete Hollingsworth.

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Thu May 17, 2012 9:25 pm
by jai_ford
The car is small block Chevy powered mated to sherpa axle with a th350 box In between I'm trying to get the car back to looking as original style as possible would love kens number if you can pm to me or I can pass you my details just to make sure 100% it is that car. Although we are looking to still call it blast from the past but sorry ken no flathead will post some before and after pics ASAP very excited as my dad used to watch this car as a kid and doesn't realise the history in this car and me a my brothers who are doing this for him are struggling to contain are excitement it has been gone almost a week and he still hasn't noticed. Kev I know you will be reading this cut dads grass and keep him out that garage cheers guys can't wait for it to hit the black stuff.

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Fri May 18, 2012 12:32 am
by herb andrews
longtimeracer wrote:Older brother Brian used to crew for Ken and I think this car was bought by Pete Hollingsworth.
Talked to Pete, he lives in New Jersey now:
"I borrowed Ken's car , ran it when I was building my flathead, he sold it to some kids and I heard that the frame had broken during a run ?
I ran 10.77 best as I remember on methanol ( with my 3 speed auto trans behind a clutch )

This is a pic of the guys Ken sold it to:"

blast from the past 2.jpg
I will tidy the picture up over the weekend.
jai_ford wrote:would love kens number if you can pm to me or I can pass you my details just to make sure 100% it is that car.
The forum is not set up for PM's. The only way I'm aware of is for you to post your email address on here, or via Jon and I will let you know Kens details.

Herb

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 am
by timetravel
Here it is when Dave Hartshorne had it in '85 and in '86 when he'd swapped the flathead for a Chevy :shock:
LONG MARSTON MAY '85 012.jpg
LONG MARSTON MAY '85 013.jpg
SANTA POD MARCH '86 011.jpg

Re: Ken coopers blast from the past

PostPosted:Fri May 18, 2012 3:01 pm
by cooper
Hello James. My name is Bradley cooper I'm Ken "Mr Flathead" coopers son.
Give me a call on 07986351641. And i'll try to help you with your questions.