UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30072  by jonmental

Here are the before and after pics from Stamford Speed Shop after James brought the car in.
Attachments
007.JPG
007.JPG (778.82 KiB) Viewed 11613 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (764.82 KiB) Viewed 11613 times
 #30088  by jai_ford

WOW still cant get over the transformation and dads been in the garage every other day since getting it back don't think it will be to much longer before its first outing thanks again to all you guys for your help info and imput cheers johnny :D :D :D
 #30094  by ukdrn

Car's looking much better :)
More old rails back on the track.
 #30096  by jonmental

James phoned me after looking at my website and asked about a rechassis job for his dads slingshot as a birthday present for him, as his 60th was a few weeks away. I told James to bring the car over for me to evaluate.
As soon as he arrived I saw it was a car with a little bit of history and told him that no way would I cut it up and could I try and make it a little safer and at the same time pretty it up.
I also phoned my buddy Mike Gleadow as I know his history involved flathead cars, and also being a buddy of Ken Cooper........well the phone and emails were red hot for a week or so and we found out the history of one of the original diggers built years ago in this country.
It all culminated when James and his brothers presented the car to his Dad at the Nos Nats......and to cap it all they were pitted next to Ken Cooper who originally built the car in the early seventies. I popped up as I was sponsoring the Supercharged Outlaws and while I was there met Ken for the first time.........amazing guy. :D
 #30181  by MotorPsycho

nice to see this car rebuilt :) lovely job as always Jon.

Also brilliant to meet Ken & Bradley at the weekend, didn't get chance to see the car run but hope all went ok!
 #31968  by CRR

cooper wrote:Hello James. My name is Bradley cooper I'm Ken "Mr Flathead" coopers son.
Bradley, I've just bought the programme for the North Weald National Speed Trial meeting on the 3rd April 1960, and one of the entrants is a "K Cooper" driving a 998cc Envoy Junior racing car. The car was entered by Sewell & King Ltd, is this your dad?
 #38854  by jai_ford

I know this is a old post guys but this car fourth dimension originally built buy ken cooper has know been fully rebuilt once we started we couldn't stop will be testing car this year and will be out next season with the wild bunch wb106 will post some finished pics
 #38855  by jai_ford

Few pics will roll it out and post complete pics
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 11468 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 11468 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 11468 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 11468 times
 #39265  by jai_ford

Hi all had our very own little cackle fest today as weather was dry so rolled cars out together as they will be on there way soon to make room to crack on with the others
Attachments
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG (2.41 MiB) Viewed 11141 times
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 11141 times
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 11141 times