UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3653  by ukdrn
 Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:26 pm
Thanks Glenn, I always used to wish I was staying in that instead of our little old caravan.
 #4092  by muddytalker
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:01 pm
Here's a shot of Steve Murty's Pennie Promotions Vauxhall VX4/90 from the back pages of Street Machine magazine. I believe that Steve still has this tucked away in his workshop still. Can anyone confirm!

#4093  by Badger
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:31 pm
I believe that to be true MT. I know one thing - it was a handful!

Cracking picture of it, I'd say you've had a couple of boxes of Street Machine out today Muddytalker ..
 #4171  by muddytalker
 Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:21 pm
No. Just found them lying around at the track the other day. Here's another one Street Machine used titled 'The World's Oldest Wheelie Car?' Photo was by Andy Willsheer.
 #4347  by ukdrn
 Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm
Here's the Second Invention Vauxhall
SI.jpg
Picture:Alan Moseley
 #5086  by muddytalker
 Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 pm
Can anyone remember this crazy French wheelstander! Lupo's insane Renualt Espace pictured at Zeltweg in Austria.
 #5088  by TimeMachine
 Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:00 am
muddytalker wrote:Can anyone remember this crazy French wheelstander! Lupo's insane Renualt Espace pictured at Zeltweg in Austria.
I never saw that in the flesh but I remember his bright green new style beetle from Hockenheim a few years back, I believe it also came to the pod once or twice.

Talking of wheelstanders I remember going to Long Marston (as I think it still was back then) when I was a nipper (so in the 80's then - sorry if I make anyone feel old...) and seeing a huge red truck, I think it was a tanker, which reared up and settled on a jockey wheel on the back then started to perform pirouettes - does anyone else remember this and if so do they have pictures? I don't think I am imagining it,
 #5089  by cunningplan
 Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:11 pm
TimeMachine wrote:
muddytalker wrote:Can anyone remember this crazy French wheelstander! Lupo's insane Renualt Espace pictured at Zeltweg in Austria.
I never saw that in the flesh but I remember his bright green new style beetle from Hockenheim a few years back, I believe it also came to the pod once or twice.

Talking of wheelstanders I remember going to Long Marston (as I think it still was back then) when I was a nipper (so in the 80's then - sorry if I make anyone feel old...) and seeing a huge red truck, I think it was a tanker, which reared up and settled on a jockey wheel on the back then started to perform pirouettes - does anyone else remember this and if so do they have pictures? I don't think I am imagining it,
Its what I think is now Steve Murty's Fire Truck, it was a cement mixer and was up at one of the Night of Fire events along with Ronnie's Kenworth jet truck (Lit the bonfire with it.)
 #5095  by TimeMachine
 Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:17 am
cunningplan wrote:Its what I think is now Steve Murty's Fire Truck, it was a cement mixer and was up at one of the Night of Fire events along with Ronnie's Kenworth jet truck (Lit the bonfire with it.)
I remember Steve Murty's fire engine in yellow as a Landtrain as shown on this page: http://www.ultimatemotorstunts.com/pages/wheelie.html - wasn't aware of where it had come from before this. Has anyone got any pictures of it?

I also remember seeing the Jet Kenworth run at North Weald many moons ago. I used to have the best seat in the house - sat as a passenger in the recovery truck. The only time I remember it ever having to go on track to recover a car I had just bought a tray of chips and they went all over the floor :-)
 #5104  by muddytalker
 Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:04 pm
Tony, I don't believe that Steve's wheelie truck was ever cast as wheelie cement mixer. I seem to recall either in the late eighties or early ninties that another wheel standing truck was around at Avon Park and that it was red, but I recall reading that the driving was to be done by a school boy! How true that is someone else on the forum might be able to clairify!