UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2512  by sjb

Do you no who biult the Digger.
I no it was featured in Street Machine,il have to search it out.

#2518  by flying toilet

I dont know who built the actual digger but i know Barry and his brother did the motor for it. I remember it at Avon park and have a picture somewhere as i was only about 5 or 6 at the time.

Barry was good mates with the owner of JCB. Barry did some demo passes at his factory in the 90's in his black methanol car.
 #3493  by sjb

also the Hemi Under Glass is back over (3rd Time) :D

theres also some good pics of Mickey Thompsons 4 engine Bonneville car and some others with pushcars :D
 #3628  by flying toilet

I was at Goodwood on the sunday and they were unable to get up on the rear tyres as it was to wet. They just spun the wheels all over the shot. The sound of injected hemi waqs good enough for me.

When i get a chance i will put some pictures up from the day if your interested.
 #3639  by muddytalker

Have you seen the original black & white poster for sale on e-bay of the SPR wheelie Stingray of Roy Phelps!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chevrolet-Stingra ... dZViewItem

It's going for a song at £19.95 at the moment. I'm sure in 1970 when it was sold over the counter at 'Dick's Place' it was only 2/6 or something like that.
 #3645  by ukdrn

Here's the Stingray from April 81 with Bootsie walking in the picture.
What I would like to know about the second picture is who stayed in that weird shape building in view over the back of the Alleygator trailer? And also what was that thing?
BB-02.jpg
BB-02.jpg (80.66 KiB) Viewed 9005 times
BB-03.jpg
BB-03.jpg (76.43 KiB) Viewed 9003 times
Pictures:Brad Beechem
 #3648  by Glenn R

that was Bob Phelps' two storey caravan built by his own fair hands I am lead to understand, interesting the site of the only telephone at the venue during race days.....can you believe it?