UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#22359  by beachcomber

I'd love to know what happened to this project.

I got to the point of a rolling chassis complete with 502ci engine / Glide and I was dead chuffed with the bodywork - as that's NOT my forte. One piece flip front end and spoiler [ modified SD1 Vitesse - upside down ! ] and massaged rear arches to accept the slix. The chassis was also at the time state of the art - designed and tacked by me and finished properly by Dave Harries.

Any clues ?

#22367  by muddytalker

Not sure Tel what happened to it but here's the photo of the full chassis you sent me.
JC162.jpg
JC162.jpg (282.47 KiB) Viewed 8529 times
 #22374  by beachcomber

I THINK the chassis was slated to go under a Jag XK120 roadster replica body [ again - one of mine ! ] - Sloppy Tarts Racing were the culprits I think !

I can't look at a Scimitar these days without visualising my old body on it!
 #29414  by mr b's t

Sandsie Where are you? been looking for years to get in touch,everyone i spoke to did not have a clue!!!!!!!
Looking on here last night and sussed it out.....Found Ya,,,,,
this is my email bazza123@talktalk.net...or send me your phone number....Dont leave it to long...not at our age :lol: :lol:
Regards Barry and Maureen
 #29434  by beachcomber550

mr b's t wrote:Sandsie Where are you? been looking for years to get in touch,everyone i spoke to did not have a clue!!!!!!!
Looking on here last night and sussed it out.....Found Ya,,,,,
this is my email bazza123@talktalk.net...or send me your phone number....Dont leave it to long...not at our age :lol: :lol:
Regards Barry and Maureen

As the Irish bloke said - Whale Oil Beef Hooked ..........Barry you old scrote. E-Mail on the way............