UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1388  by Glenn R

Excuse my memory but it must be an age thing... did they call the Allard Anglia Dragon or Dragoon or something similar and did someone restore it? Furthermore, is it still around?

#1580  by CRR

I remember watching Alan drive the Anglia in 1966. Can't remember who he was racing but as he came off the line, he stalled it. He got started again, stormed off after his opponent and still won the race!

#1599  by muddytalker

Just found this in the pages of an early March issue of ‘Drag Racing’ magazine soon after the Allard made its debut at the 1966 Racing Car Show at Olympia.

#1601  by sjb

What was the cars fastest ET,anybody no

#1641  by muddytalker

According to Alan Allard’s book ‘Turbocharging and Supercharging‘, the 'Allard Dragoon' Anglia covered the quarter mile in 12.5s at 115 mph with its 1650cc Ford pushrod motor which developed 220bhp on methanol. The centric blower produced a maximum of 17.0 psi boost, and the injection system was Hilborn.

#1643  by muddytalker

As far as we know from this article reproduced from the 1983 edition of ‘UK Drag Racing Magazine’, Roy Green was the last know keeper of the Allard Dragon when he ran it as an N/Modified Anglia at Long Marston and Blackbushe. Where it is now, if at all is anyones guess!

#1645  by muddytalker

Here’s another magazine article from the pages of the ‘82 edition of ‘Hot Rod & Custom’. Interesting to note that the car after the Allard factory days was to be treated by 'Cars & Car Conversions' magazine as a project car, but as the caption testifies, the car never made it out on to the strip again until Roy Green got hold of it.

#1650  by muddytalker

The last recorded appearance of the Allard Anglia in the hands of Alan Allard was at a very wet Records Meeting at Santa Pod on 24th September 1967. There he could only manage 13s on a soaking wet track.

Re:

#5863  by sjb

timetravel wrote:Have a look on here Glenn http://www.nsra.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32451
TT i see you mentioned the "Allardette" anglias on here,one of the diecast model companys are making replicas of these,i see one yesterday,it was painted all white with decals.Wonder if they will bring out the "Dragoon" :lol: