UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#16528  by muddytalker

I was looking through some old picture discs over the holiday break from 2002 & 2003 and came across these cars which haven't graced a drag strip in years since these photos were taken. Perhaps someone might know of their whereabouts and their history up to this point?

The first is the Rebellious Supercharged Outlaw Dragster of Chris Round. Photo courtesy of Tog @ Eurodragster.com.

Again from Supercharged Outlaws Clive Bush. Photo courtesy of Tog @ Eurodragster.com

This Pop's from York running under the K-Man racing banner and that's all I know.

Not sure on this either. MG Magnet maybe or is that another car I'm thinking of with a kind of 'tall' Top Fuel rear wing?

And Mark Needhams Top Methanol Funny Car. This is one of the publicity photos given out whenever the car made an appearance!
 #16529  by flying toilet

The MG Magnette is now based in Milton Keynes and is currently being rebuilt ground up.

Is the FC not for sale on ED now as a Altered, was on eBay too. Whos old body is it though?
 #16533  by muddytalker

flying toilet wrote:The MG Magnette is now based in Milton Keynes and is currently being rebuilt ground up.

Is the FC not for sale on ED now as a Altered, was on eBay too. Whos old body is it though?
So it was an MG Magnet then. At least I do get somethings right! And that's a very good question about the body. Further investigation tells me it was a Dodge Daytona but from where is the question.
 #16542  by muddytalker

Are you saying that its Urs Erbacker's Quaker State Daytona that ran at the Pro Comp Classic at Avon Park in 1991 Norm!
 #16549  by sjb

muddytalker wrote:
flying toilet wrote:The MG Magnette is now based in Milton Keynes and is currently being rebuilt ground up.

So it was an MG Magnet then. At least I do get somethings right! And that's a very good question about the body. Further investigation tells me it was a Dodge Daytona but from where is the question.
Heres the link to the complete rebiuld, also theres other pics of how it has looked over the years.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=189
 #16551  by Stormin Norm

Muddy.
Mark Needham's altered was advertised as ex urs erbacher TAFC but not sure if was the one that won the pro comp classic.

Norm.
 #16568  by bigaldart

Rebellious was sold in pieces, chassis still racing, as is the engine, chassis came from Malta and the engine came from one of Petr Shaeffers Comp class dragsters. Both sold seperately. Don't have any more details.

Alan
 #19558  by 427Mag

Imagine my surprise when having a look through this amazing forum of drag history to find a picture of my car. :D

The Magnette was one and the same as the one with the huge rear wing, this was how it looked when I bought it a few years ago....

It took me a while to put together the history of the car but I had some downtime in the build due to ill health so I put it to good use.
A lot of these photos were supplied by Mick Taylor, the original builder, and his son Lee.

Gasser style and became known as 1/4 mile Magnet

Then it went down into the weeds and looked like this...

It was in this style but painted red/orange that it was featured in the November 1990 Street Machine and was also in an episode of 2.4 children.
It then changed hands a few times with each owner making their own mark on it until I bought it in 2006 in it's yellow format.
Unfortunately the years hadn't been kind to it and there were a lot of mechanical and body issues which meant a complete rebuild was required including a re-shell and making it into a different kind of coupe.
I started with this..

And how it looks now....

It was featured in a 'Garage Scene' in the November 2009 Custom Car.

Sorry to ramble on so much for my first post! :?