UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1089  by cunningplan

who owned this? taken at Eastbourne Wintergarden (Same as the Ivon Birch one)
I know Nick will know

#1099  by plymoutharrow

Is it the old "Texas Boogie" car that ran a jaguar?

#1105  by cunningplan

You know what?? just been sitting here looking at the photo and realised that the headers are now fitted on my car, I had to cut them off the flanges off and weld them to mine (360 Chrysler)
They were off Clayton Rounds T altered.
I am trying to find a photo of them without the wrapping on them

#1124  by timetravel

plymoutharrow wrote:Is it the old "Texas Boogie" car that ran a jaguar?
Yes it is as these pics show. The "Texas Boogie" pics were taken in '86 and the "Future Force" pics in '88. In answer to cunningplan the owner was Karl Wilkinson who lived here in Polegate. Did you take any pics of my yellow Model Y which was at the Wintergarden show? Image Image

#1127  by cunningplan

timetravel wrote: Did you take any pics of my yellow Model Y which was at the Wintergarden show?
If your on about the tatty looking one, then yes

#1128  by cunningplan

just for Nick

#1133  by timetravel

Well I never thought I'd see my old Model Y on a Drag Racing forum although I did run it at the Pod at Gary's Picnic and at North Weald. I later removed the fenders and had a Ford Pop front axle fitted before selling it in '94. It still turns up at the Hot Rod Drags and has the same 302 Ford powering it that I fitted in '89.

#1136  by sjb

Y your on about this car here it is!
I remember your y at north weald,i may???? have video of it somewhere.That colour yellow looks familier.

#1137  by muddytalker

Tony, if you want to know where the car is today then hop on over to http://www.1320rebels.co.uk/. Also on this site you’ll be able to read up on all its history from when the car made its debut as the ‘Willie Wam’ raced by Steve Whitney, then by Nick Newton as ‘De Judge’, followed by Reg Butcher as ‘Texas Boogie’ and Karl Wilkinson as ‘Future Force’.

I got to know the car quite well this time last year when current owner Mark Bishop contacted me through my ’Drag Racing Family Tree’s’ winter projects to see what race information, articles and photos I had to offer him. All of my findings are on the 1320 Rebels web site including some great photos of the car in its earlier incarnations.

Mark is hoping to bring the car out this season in Pro ET as the ‘Vegas Hustler’ with a 460ci big block Ford for power tucked into an updated chrome moly chassis by Webster Race Engineering. If you click on to the Car Clubs photo button you’ll be able to see some more photos of ‘Vegas Hustler’ taken at last year’s Kimbolton Country Fair along with some other famous race cars.

#1559  by muddytalker

Owner Mark Bishop has today (6th February) released some more up-to-date news about his ‘Vegas Hustler’ Pro ET altered on Eurodragster now that the car has left the workshops of Webster Race Engineering.