UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1283  by muddytalker

I think, gentleman the answer lies in the October ‘75 pages of ‘Drag Racer’.

“Tony Froome, of ‘Nitromania’ fame, has purchased the Pete Barnett VX4/90 funny - repainting the car in red, white and blue tones as ‘Sundance Kid’.

#1285  by timetravel

Sorry Muddy but that was the old rear engined Ed Shaver funny which Pete sold to Tony Froome before buying Clive's car to run in '76

#1287  by Badger

the Mischeif body at that angle looks like it came out of the same mould as Transcontinental. It won't of done I guess I know .. it just looks v.similar.
What we can't see at that angle is if the body has a stretched wheelbase.
Shavers version is different in that the rear engined Fc's didn't have the usual longer front end .. which offers up the shadow of doubt for me

#1298  by timetravel

Badger wrote:the Mischeif body at that angle looks like it came out of the same mould as Transcontinental. It won't of done I guess I know .. it just looks v.similar.
What we can't see at that angle is if the body has a stretched wheelbase.
Shavers version is different in that the rear engined Fc's didn't have the usual longer front end .. which offers up the shadow of doubt for me
I think you've jumped a thread Badger! Have a look on "Funny car bodies" I've just posted a side shot of Mischief...

#1338  by gold digger

Didn't a Mr shift car have a black Vauxhall body at one stage? where did that come from?

#1339  by Millevanille

That body was hand made by Pat Cuss.
It was sold on to Tony Froome when a new Bantham body was bought again from Mr Cuss, another from his Shutdown mold.

Silverstone 1974?