UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#14072  by huszarail
 Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:37 pm
Ian wrote: I'd like to eventually restore it back to an earlier guise but I know that the budget isn't there right now for a blown hemi, so it may get another mopar motor for now but without modifying the frame so that it can be fully restored in the future.
Thankfully I have Sid and the SNS Racing team as mentors and hands-on supprt, as well as the wealth of knowledge from members on here, so I'm really looking forward to being a part of preserving the dragster.
Ian,
At last years Hot Rod Drags Mark Purslow had the lions share of an early hemi for sale. I don't think it sold so it was going back under the bench. I don't think he wanted huge amounts of money for it. Roy Wilding should have a contact number for Mark.
Best of luck with the re-build/restoration. Maybe we'll see it cackling at Shakey in the future?

Mark. 1966 Huszar FED
 #17096  by ukdrn
 Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:18 pm
I'm sure those shots will come in very handy in the restoration of the car. Great pics.
 #17102  by KeithS
 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm
crazyhorses wrote:You have some incredible pics of the early days. How far do you go back?
I'm guessing the first Dragfests, maybe before as there are some bizarre rods, too... 8)
 #17106  by KeithS
 Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:26 am
OK, so here's the rest of what I've got on this car, minus a couple of duplicate/same angle track shots. Amazingly, I also have the original 120 (2 1/4in) b/w negatives for many of these photos, which have not been out of their wrappers since heaven knows when, so are in perfect unscratched condition. I love old photos... don't you? :D
allardskilton070.jpg
allardskilton071.jpg
allardskilton072.jpg
allardskilton073.jpg
allardskilton074.jpg
allardskilton075.jpg
allardskilton076.jpg
allardskilton077.jpg
allardskilton078.jpg
allardskilton079.jpg
allardskilton080.jpg
allardskilton081.jpg