UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#10233  by timetravel

Here's a feature of it from Sweden's Start & Speed magazine April '69 when it had the Hemi on board, anyone speak Swedish?
97 006.jpg
97 006.jpg (320.42 KiB) Viewed 10161 times
97 007.jpg
97 007.jpg (320 KiB) Viewed 10159 times
 #10237  by Glenn R

Doh! also didn't realise it had sprouted a blower at some point, hmm injection or blower which looks the best? Injection I reckon
 #21688  by jaytee

Nice shot of the car in Sweden
Attachments
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMP COUPE MILLAR IN SWEDEN.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMP COUPE MILLAR IN SWEDEN.jpg (25.87 KiB) Viewed 9816 times
 #23260  by kal

I have fond memories of seeing this car race, and so I have posted the one shot I took of the coupe that I really like, and which shows it in the way it should be seen.
KL_coupe_942.jpg
KL_coupe_942.jpg (80.42 KiB) Viewed 9683 times
 #23276  by cunningplan

I agree with Norm, great looking car. I am not that wrong with cutting out the roof of mine, but when was a full roof and rear split windows fitted to the car? Was it another shell?? (Dont think it is)
 #25557  by tony morris

flying toilet wrote:Wasn't this car based in Stantonbury, Milton Keynes in the day?
I may be able to fill in a small gap and I'm not sure how much of this is true or real fact but here you go.

In the early 80's my dad was shipping yanks over to England from Germany, buying from the GI's close to where we lived in Frankfurt. A few were sold to Martin Black who lived in Milton Keynes, who I met a few times and I even went to a small party with Ollie Burns to his house. I rememeber my dad telling me that he had done a deal for the Crescent Coupe for which he would trade a muscle car from the states (GI). Well my dad did take somethink over for Martin I think a 70 Camaro, but when he started to plan to fetch the Crescent Coupe back to Germany was told that the car had been stolen or something close to that.

I call my dad to see if he could rememeber anything else and see if I was right. He said that the car was in bad shape when he looked at it, this would of been around 1982-83 and the body needed lots of work but figured it would be cool for Germany and be something different over there. He got a XJ12 SII instead of the Crescent Coupe which is a shame because I think there would of been a good chance of it still being around today.

I hope this helps fill in the gaps and you find out what really happen to this great looking car.

Tony Morris
 #30178  by cunningplan

tony morris wrote:
flying toilet wrote:Wasn't this car based in Stantonbury, Milton Keynes in the day?
I may be able to fill in a small gap and I'm not sure how much of this is true or real fact but here you go.

In the early 80's my dad was shipping yanks over to England from Germany, buying from the GI's close to where we lived in Frankfurt. A few were sold to Martin Black who lived in Milton Keynes, who I met a few times and I even went to a small party with Ollie Burns to his house. I rememeber my dad telling me that he had done a deal for the Crescent Coupe for which he would trade a muscle car from the states (GI). Well my dad did take somethink over for Martin I think a 70 Camaro, but when he started to plan to fetch the Crescent Coupe back to Germany was told that the car had been stolen or something close to that.

I call my dad to see if he could rememeber anything else and see if I was right. He said that the car was in bad shape when he looked at it, this would of been around 1982-83 and the body needed lots of work but figured it would be cool for Germany and be something different over there. He got a XJ12 SII instead of the Crescent Coupe which is a shame because I think there would of been a good chance of it still being around today.

I hope this helps fill in the gaps and you find out what really happen to this great looking car.

Tony Morris
Martin came over to see me in the pits at the Nostalgia Nats, he said that he had bought the car in about 1980, the car and trailer were then stolen in about 84, where the trailer was recovered but nothing was even seen of the car. Its a real shame, even if the car/chassis is still out there, no ones going to come forward now :(