UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1063  by gold digger

Think that pic shows how a moments madness gives you years of work

#1135  by timetravel

gold digger wrote:It will come out 1st as an altered as I can't afford or have the skill to restore the body and chassis at the same time. It will be a Golddigger again as an altered anyway, then maybe Oblivion again or Golddigger. The plan is to get the chassis running and safe, get to know the car and then step it up gradually. I have tried a few places locally for quotes on the body but its not cheap[/img]
You could always do what Ed Shaver did in '73 and just give the body a coat of primer for the first few meetings........ Image

#1145  by JoeBond

My old man and Pete Barnett had that old rear engined funny car after Shaver. Pete said it was quite good fun driving that, never went straight and if the thing caught fire he was dead no doubt about it because it took 3 people to lift the body so he could get out. :lol:

#1146  by MotorPsycho

nothin' wrong with racing in primer 8)

#1151  by gold digger

I loved that car. Mine is in a much worse condition though, its very old. It has an original Avenger grill and rear lights and it takes four adults to lift. The body also has no escape hatch which might prove interesting.....

#1276  by gold digger

If anyone has any pics of it esp the cockpit area I would love to see them
 #4473  by gold digger

I would really love some more photos of the car if anyone can post them. The cockpit area and tin work are a bit of a mystery at the moment
 #5093  by ukdrn

Found this in a Custom Car special called world of wild wheels,any new news on how the car's coming on Colin?
 #10022  by gold digger

Its comng along, have the body in storage thanks to some kind help. The chassis now has an open T body, T Rat style but with a short pickup bed. I have a small block in and now have a powerglide. Unfortunately my skills and my wallet are not equal to my enthusiasm so hope to be out around June. Then year after I will restore the body. Anyone fancy crewing?