UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#10094  by gold digger

have taken a couple of pics of car as it stands at the moment but cant work out how to post them......
 #10095  by gold digger

Still a way to go
Attachments
gold 046.JPG
gold 046.JPG (985.18 KiB) Viewed 11254 times
 #10096  by gold digger

Hope to be out about june/july
Attachments
gold 049.JPG
gold 049.JPG (846.26 KiB) Viewed 11255 times
 #10111  by ukdrn

Car looks like is coming on fine Colin, thanks for posting the pictures.
 #10118  by gold digger

Looking to try and have an early 70's altered look when it comes out, then put the other body back later. Still loads to do
 #10121  by Badger

Great stuff Colin! A simple paint job, panel paint style maybe .. it looks great. 8) Long time since we've seen something like this!

Keeping the Gold Digger name?
Attachments
bucket.jpg
bucket.jpg (558.73 KiB) Viewed 11864 times
 #10166  by gold digger

Yes toying with the idea of Gold digger2 as the altered and gold digger 3 with the Avenger body and running as 2 cars. Maybe a bit adventurous for me but would be a nice idea
 #10173  by hellfish

I must say that you have done an awesome job of it so far Col! It looks good as an altered but will look better as the funny car(as i tell you regularly :D )Have you thought about doing the body in an original name and colours?In this recent uk nostalgia craze that would be awesome 8) 8) .Good to see my engine in there too(can you guess who i am now? :lol: )Good job mate it looks really well put together! 8) 8) Ricky
 #10181  by gold digger

Pictures can be flattering lol, I want it to look like its been picked up from 1970/72 era and plonked down today so not going for the pristine brand new look. If I could afford the body done it would be out, I think its going to cost a bit so I will try and get a bit of track time and fun first. That engine is nestled right at home in there rick, Ive still got to get myself a starter yet.
 #10188  by hellfish

Try ebay or the essex swap meet.I got a "mini"starter for mine(they are called mini coz there tiny not because its from a mini before any one starts :D )It was brand new £80 because they are from china they are cheap and probly some of the rod shops have them too now.Thats whats on mine and it works fine 8)