UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#11093  by fester

I am buiding a car at the moment that has a topo body,a pat cuss body.When it goes to paint in two weeks time ,i intend ,in the artwork to give a namecheck to the cars it has been.I know,its sad but bare with me.When i bought the body it came with a history put together by colin the t shirt man,he owns oblivion.Right ,now the interesting bit,it has been,rick fieldings imagination 5,motor mouse,autocat,possibly harum scarumand definatly a dark red car signwritten as white hart. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ive also found bright red paint under the top dark red paint,also dark blue with light metalflake,,,,,also the body has been cut to suggest it had a v engine in it,for headers.........can any body id some more cars its beenwith race numbers,,,,,,,,,autocat was jca52,,mexico mouse was also jca52,,,,,thanks in advance bill :D
 #11095  by Les-the-Pres

Hi Bill, Don't know what history you've got but the one I passed on when I sold the body was put together by Muddy, And a very good job it was, with photo's of all the names (and numbers) including Fantic 1 & 2 which would be the blue metalflake. Frantic 2 was a V12 Jag, which is where the cutback would come in, When I had it the paint was red with The White Hart pub as a sponsor. I've got a CD with most of the history on it, I also have some pics of it when I had it if they are any use. Les S.
 #11107  by timetravel

Here it is when it was brand new in '72 and it's last guise in '89........
img728.jpg
img728.jpg (80.55 KiB) Viewed 8194 times
SANTA POD SEPT '89 076.jpg
SANTA POD SEPT '89 076.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
 #11110  by fester

In the history i have it shows a frantic 1 in the pits with the body up ,its a jag engined car and frantic 1 s nose has a piece cut out of it on the side to go over the carbs,this body,,,before i cut the nose of,has had no repairs in the nose ,also as i da all the paint off its got all its mexico mouse paint on so its never had a piece cut out of the sides to clear any jag carbs,,so i think its naver been a frantic car,unfortunatly.....The white hart piccy was the last time it was painted,it had 9 colours youll notice it has an exhuast cut out at the bottom of the front arch,,same on both sides,it suggests its been on a v engined car,what do you think???Really interested to see any harum scarum piccys :D
 #11111  by fester

As sidebar of interest its in green gelcoat,when i bought topos off pat cuss in the 70s,,i had 3,,,,they where light blue,,,,,if you buy one now they are grey,,,,,,,,i realise you can buy gelcoat in all colours,,,but in the early 70s ,,,pat cuss made funny bodies including the avengers and i remember them being in green gelcoat
 #11125  by timetravel

as you say that body has never been Frantic. I think Les had or has the Frantic chassis which he was gonna mount your body too hence the confusion......it had a Rover V8 in it in the last pic.....
 #11131  by fester

Right so the white hart car had a rover v8 in it ,thatwould explain the exhaust cutouts both sides :D i thought is was still 4 banger :D .......ive searched on here and acceleration archive for a piccy of harum scarum,does anybody have a piccy or supply me with racecar numbers for it.And what was the blue paint with metalflake in ,it was blue all over .I realise somebody could have built it up and not raced,but you never know,,,thanks in advance and thanks for the info so far 8)
 #11142  by timetravel

Roland Chapman ran it as Harum Scarum in '77, havn't got any pics but here's a still from one of my DVDs. The paint looks the same as when John Gibbons ran it as Mexico Mouse in '74 just with the name changed and the race # is still JCA52. Image and here's a shot in '74 as Mexico Mouse
1974 009.jpg
1974 009.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 8225 times