UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#14300  by torment

hi hellfish,the car looks shorter due to the larger wheels and tyres on the rear.
 #21514  by torment

pics from marcus57 on rodsnsods.....york raceway...
Attachments
12024ceecf97b58b7.jpg
12024ceecf97b58b7.jpg (207.9 KiB) Viewed 11012 times
12024ceecf96c1135.jpg
12024ceecf96c1135.jpg (236.78 KiB) Viewed 11012 times
 #22689  by ukdrn

A new one for you Liam.
Picture:DMG
 #22709  by torment

cheers jon,dont think i have seen a pic that clear...guess it was taken on a pricey camera..
 #22848  by ukdrn

Picture:DMG
 #22855  by torment

great pic,,cheers jon.. :D
 #22861  by Doug McDiarmid

@ Torment. Pricey?? Hell NO, it was a Praktica LTL3, not sure what lens I had on at the time, the standard 50mm which was a Carl Zeis JennPlan, or the (I think it was a) Sigma 200mm. Likely Kodak 64 slide film, but I haven't even seen these pix in some 20 years. Hell, I'm enjoying them as much as anyone now Jon is scanning them and adding them to the site. Shame I cropped the nose-n-tail off the car in that shot, but it was a fully manual camera, and NO motorwinder them days. Even so......proud of these shots. Thanks Jon....enjoying seeing them again.
 #22865  by torment

doug,without people like you taking photos this site would be dead in the water...thats my dad driving in the "nose and tail" shot....if you have any pics of the motor of that car i would be well pleased.. :D
 #22866  by Doug McDiarmid

@ torment.
All, and without scavenging the whole house to make sure there isn't one escaped, but ALL my drag-race photos went up to Jon to go through. Can't honestly remember is there was, or was not any 'engine shots'. As I took piles of pix of all sorts them days, and was a 'Vauxhall man' myself, it's possible. Hope Jon finds them, if there is, or someone else comes up with some. Good to see the Chevette body back out again recently, LOT of memories.