UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#811  by ukdrn

I think these pictures were taken at the 1976 Easter Meet but what is it?

I'm sure the driver felt safe with no harness or belt

#831  by timetravel

That'll be Paul Jameson's Merlin powered machine which later received a body from Fibre Glass Repairs and was registered for the street. It ran high 12s at 120m.p.h. Here's some pics from Hot Car..... Image Image Image Image

#833  by ukdrn

Thanks Nick, that was a quick car for it's size, street legal also, I don't see a boot so no good for shopping :)

#1676  by muddytalker

Here’s the Merlin Jameson car performing a demonstration run at the Brighton Speed Trials quarter mile.

#1694  by sjb

Im sure this car was on the telly once running without the body but i just cant remember what it was on
 #34716  by muddytalker

Pages from an MMA Connected magazine article written by John Dodd's son Paul of Surrey Muscle fame.
004.jpg
004.jpg (937.05 KiB) Viewed 16091 times
005.jpg
005.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 16091 times
 #36251  by jaytee

Hot Rod 1964 feature by Dean Moon

click to enlarge
Attachments
00aa1 002.jpg
00aa1 002.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 15500 times
 #36317  by oily bike bloke

I can remember seeing the Jameson run at Blackbushe (one of the photos from the magazine looks like it was taken there).
The really weird thing was that as the noise (to a teenager at least) sounded just like plane, we automatically kept looking skyward!!

Impressive machine.