UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#26919  by muddytalker

Did we ever get to the bottom of the history of Warbonnet Dex and what happened to it afterwards? Was it the chassis base for Frontline Video. Kind of lost track on this one.

George Greatholder waiting to run at Blackbushe.
img163.jpg
img163.jpg (675.26 KiB) Viewed 11931 times
Frontline Video against Rob Turner's Straight Shooter at Long Marston.
img097.jpg
img097.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 11931 times
Photo by Dick Parnham/JWR Archives, Bedford.
 #26954  by teamgridlock

Jerry,
The chassis that we had expired at York, it was the original Frontline one apparently, the old one has now gone to the great drag strip in the sky and has been replaced by a nice new tagged one from Fester Race Cars. We do still have a couple of bits and pieces from the original car though just to keep the spirit alive
 #27045  by teamgridlock

kingbrothers wrote:I have a pile of photos in the loft I will sort them out for you.
Did you ever get a chance to sort out any pics? Would love to be able to see them
 #30207  by teamgridlock

Just when we had thought the trail had gone cold on the history, we have just Heard from previous owner driver DAVE CHAPMAN, hopefully there will be some more news on the cars history coming soon
 #32055  by teamgridlock

Thanks for that one Jerry, I still have those wheelie bars in the workshop

We met up with previous owner, Dave Chapman and he gave us his old crash helmet and gloves from when he ran the car.

We now have a new facebook page (Team Gridlock Drag Racing) if anyone wants to join