UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#10054  by Eastern raider

Doc Claydon's Well Mental. Short lived and not exactly trouble free,but whats it's history? Chassis, engine. Where did it all go. Sorry if it's been done before. Any help appreciated. Ta
doc claydon.jpg
doc claydon.jpg (116.33 KiB) Viewed 9720 times
 #10055  by fester

Last year at the pod norm walked up to me with the grille,it was signwritten ,,,,,well mental,,,,,,norm thought the connection was jonny mental hall,, but it was off doc claydons car.The chassis is in use now but cant remember the owners name,used to run an early hemi and turbo 400
 #10059  by jetwebb

Hi
I bought the body and grille from Dave Milham a few years ago. The body was used as the plug for my Donovan T that is now in the Isle of Man and I gave the grille to Norm for his project. Hope this is of some help, Julian Webb
 #10103  by fester

we was all at north weald once ,,,maybe 88,,89 and mr claydon did a run as must have got a tank slapper type wobble on when he came back to the pits both front wheels had about 45 degrees camber,,the axle had proper bent,,absoloutly amazingly charlie draper had a front axle that fitted straight on ,think he bolted it on and raced the next day.Pretty sure that it was the same meet that charlie in reckless rat drove into the grass at the end,,,every one went down to bollock him ,orat least ask what the @uck was that all about ,,evidently charlielistened to them and then handed them the steering wheel which had broke in half and fell off :shock:
 #10201  by Andy Burfitt

John Tebbutt origionally made the first chassis for it but I think that it was not strong enough for the engine. John kept the chassis and ran it as the Heart Break Kid, which was later bought by Fay Fishcer and now run by Dave ward in Super Pro.I think that he then made another chassis for Doc which is the one which is in the photo above.
It was made from Mark Williams blue prints in the mid to late 80's.

Andy
 #10213  by fester

I think that jons car was the mike sackett car that has been asked about on here before,pretty sure that jon tebbut didnt make it
 #10839  by Adrian Potts

Oh wow, that definitly looks like Mick Sacketts car to me. Think I may have some photo's of it in his workshop somewhere. Like I have said somewhere else, it had a Dana back axle.
Mike was a very good welder, did all his own tube bending & never got any kinks in his pipes, packed them well with sand. lol. Where are you now mate ! Get in touch !

Ady