UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8434  by PhilSweeney

how cool is Al's Hauler ? the dudes been around racing for donkeys, Al's Gasser ain't super sanitised like modern race cars, it's not even nostaligic, it's the real deal, the guys a hero.
 #8437  by jaytee

2 more shots of Ivo's transporter from 1970
Attachments
0aTRANSPORTER 1.jpg
0aTRANSPORTER 1.jpg (479.46 KiB) Viewed 8038 times
0aTRANSPORTER 2.jpg
0aTRANSPORTER 2.jpg (164.96 KiB) Viewed 8469 times
 #8438  by Ian

sid wrote:great pictures!! please keep them coming.
has the tommy ivo truck got two slingshots in it?
Sid.
Yeah, I've seen other pics of guys travelling with a pair of cars also. I would think that as it was their life, touring the country and living off appearance money and winnings, a spare car would secure their payday in case of a breakage.

Interestingly this homebuilt trailer of Ivo's was shipped over to the UK for the '64 Drag Festival.
Attachments
Ivo homebuild.jpg
Ivo homebuild.jpg (34.71 KiB) Viewed 8464 times
 #8439  by Ian

Is that the wheelie bar on the back or is it the front wheel of an out-of-shot car?
Attachments
1965-013.jpg
1965-013.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 8088 times
 #8440  by PhilSweeney

jaytee wrote:2 more shots of Ivo's transporter from 1970

..........jesus h christ...there ain't a cat in hells chance you'd get me on them ramps !
 #8441  by cunningplan

Ian wrote:Is that the wheelie bar on the back or is it the front wheel of an out-of-shot car?
you can just see the fuel tank and front end of the chassis between the two cars. (And no doubt someone will come up with what car it is.)
 #8442  by timetravel

cunningplan wrote:
Ian wrote:Is that the wheelie bar on the back or is it the front wheel of an out-of-shot car?
you can just see the fuel tank and front end of the chassis between the two cars. (And no doubt someone will come up with what car it is.)
Yes it's Allan Herridges Cadillac powered Pulsation slingshot which has come out of the transporter and that's Allan second from right with a Moon shirt on leaning on the Jag lump in Nobby Hill's Houndog II........
 #8454  by sid

PhilSweeney wrote: ..........jesus h christ...there ain't a cat in hells chance you'd get me on them ramps !
me niether.. :?

but ill guide you on. :lol:

love the garbutts transporter.. that would be my choice with a trailer for both accomadation and car transport.
its a commer karrier if im not mistaken? ive even done drawing of it.

im going to have to live a long time aint i... :D

Sid.
 #8480  by Ian

Sid, Here's the Inch Pincher transporter that I mentioned yesterday.
Inch Pincher.jpg
Inch Pincher.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 8476 times
Also a low buck method using an F100
F100.jpg
F100.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 8474 times
 #9403  by jaytee

Ivo from 66
Attachments
0aTRANSPORTER.jpg
0aTRANSPORTER.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 7818 times