UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4802  by TimeMachine

tony morris wrote:Here is Jan's Bantam Altered that he put together as a project for Swedish magazine "Power" painted in candy and with gold leaf , Painted by Ray Hill.
That is seven different types of cool, it is amazing!

Does it ever run as an exhibition car or is it purely for show?
 #4803  by Badger

With you all the way on the altered Chunky! What a very cool looking machine that is ...

Just going back to the Canon Vega, I'm familiar with the Celica and the Challenger .. did they ever run the Vega body in Canon colours?
I wonder if the Celica body is still around?
 #4808  by tony morris

@Badger
Just going back to the Canon Vega, I'm familiar with the Celica and the Challenger .. did they ever run the Vega body in Canon colours?
I wonder if the Celica body is still around?[/quote]

Canon team Ryman/Larsson ran the Vega body before they changed to a Challenger body
The chassis that the Vega body is mount on now was built in 1980 by Mats Fager
The Celica was raced earier in 1972, he doe's not know what happen to it or where it is.

Check here for pictures of the Celica and Challenger body, plus there is one with the Vega with Conon on it.
http://www.70sfunnycars.com/FunnyCars39.html

@TimeMachine
Does it ever run as an exhibition car or is it purely for show?[/quote]
The cars all run , but he doe's not race with them , doing burnouts and "showruns" is it
He like all his cars to be in running condition , and would like to as he says "hire them" at shows and different events.

Chunky
 #4809  by Badger

Thanks for the link Tony!
Was there 1 or two earlier Manta body's? Second Invention / Fever .. was that the same car? If so I think Jan Carlsson had a very firey ride .. with a year long stay in hospital as the result. Was Backfire - P1800 also destroyed?
Fromm's old Capri body might still exist .. The Eurosting Capri body too?
It's the Manta's, P1800 and Celica though that were the iconic Swedish funny's for me ...
 #37895  by ukdrn

A couple of the car from Alan Hawkins
AH-91.jpg
AH-91.jpg (208.85 KiB) Viewed 10321 times
AH-96.jpg
AH-96.jpg (150.33 KiB) Viewed 10321 times
 #37896  by NitroWars

Looks like Steve Read standing next to Roger Gorringe.