UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3668  by flying toilet

JonC wrote:
Badger wrote:I see the car was back out at the weekend -

http://dragstripper.smugmug.com/gallery ... #169085452

Be great to see the old paint scheme back on the car!
That Merc on page 4 is rather delicious, too!
Thats a Swiss comp car Jon. It is in the current issue of Custom Car. Has fully operational gullwing doors and a stonking SBC. Says he is looking to go Pro Mod with it.
 #3676  by muddytalker

I say that old cars been around a bit. Just been reading up on it. 1976 was the year. That’s over 30 years ago. Apparently the chassis was an old 'Jungle Jim' import and raced by John Anderson. It says here that Anderson was the first Swedish racer to run a six; a 6.92 at Santa Pod. And with history like that behind it it’s good to see that the old girl is still active and where it belongs best…on the drag strip.
 #3677  by JonC

muddytalker wrote:I say that old cars been around a bit. Just been reading up on it. 1976 was the year. That’s over 30 years ago. Apparently the chassis was an old 'Jungle Jim' import and raced by John Anderson. It says here that Anderson was the first Swedish racer to run a six; a 6.92 at Santa Pod. And with history like that behind it it’s good to see that the old girl is still active and where it belongs best…on the drag strip.
One of the Habermann's has it now. Be good to see it repainted and back in Nostalgia Funny Car action soon.

(Was it the 'funny car bodies' thread' that we did the old pics?)
 #3682  by muddytalker

I said the car was dated as this cover card for the 'Super Dragsters' Top Trumps set will testify.
scan0005.jpg
scan0005.jpg (81.26 KiB) Viewed 9785 times
 #3684  by muddytalker

Yes you’re right Jon. Chunky Morris placed a couple of photos like this one towards the back end of the thread as well as a couple of build up photos on page 12 from the Habermann workshops last winter.
80MZ_BlueSwede031.jpg
80MZ_BlueSwede031.jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 9792 times
 #3685  by ukdrn

Here's another one of the car at SPR.
blues.jpg
blues.jpg (68.33 KiB) Viewed 9833 times
Picture:Robin Pretty
 #3687  by tony morris

Werrner Habberman has owned the Manta since the late 70s, I crewed for him at the 79 or 80 World finals. We lived in the same town Langenselbold where he still live today. Last weekend his son Timo drove for the first time the funny car, here is a picture of Timo in the car.

http://dragstripper.smugmug.com/gallery ... 85838-L-LB

Chunky
 #3689  by ukdrn

So is this the same car again, if so what year would this be?
billsport.jpg
billsport.jpg (46.15 KiB) Viewed 9948 times
Picture:Robin Pretty