UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39273  by plymoutharrow

When Derek Benbow sold the T to the Stones did he continue racing or did he just retire? I wonder what his best time was in the pre Tee Rat/Doo what version? Would be interesting to find out what happened to Tee Rat 2 as it didn't seem to be out as long as Tee Rat 1. I think Tee Rat 1 eventually ran in the 7.70s (maybe wrong) after doing some research.
 #39275  by ukdrn

plymoutharrow wrote:. I think Tee Rat 1 eventually ran in the 7.70s (maybe wrong) after doing some research.
My information was from Dave Stone :)
 #39280  by plymoutharrow

ukdrn wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:55 am
plymoutharrow wrote:. I think Tee Rat 1 eventually ran in the 7.70s (maybe wrong) after doing some research.
My information was from Dave Stone :)
Dont know how entirely accurate it is but swear I heard it ran below a 7.9. Maybe refering to TR2 on my old tape.
 #39281  by jai_ford

Cheers for that TT just those wheels, fuel tank and engine just reminded so much of that topolino :( born in 1980 only ever seen it in pictures
 #39284  by timetravel

plymoutharrow wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am When Derek Benbow sold the T to the Stones did he continue racing or did he just retire? I wonder what his best time was in the pre Tee Rat/Doo what version? Would be interesting to find out what happened to Tee Rat 2 as it didn't seem to be out as long as Tee Rat 1. I think Tee Rat 1 eventually ran in the 7.70s (maybe wrong) after doing some research.
After the T the Benbow and Fullerton team ran this Junior Fueler in '73 then sold it to Tony Froome in '74
1973 084.jpg
1973 084.jpg (112.68 KiB) Viewed 13523 times
 #39285  by timetravel

jai_ford wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm Cheers for that TT just those wheels, fuel tank and engine just reminded so much of that topolino :( born in 1980 only ever seen it in pictures
yes there are quite a few similarities but the Hillbillies built their own cars and also built the chassis for Tee-Rat Mk 2
 #39287  by plymoutharrow

timetravel wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm
plymoutharrow wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am When Derek Benbow sold the T to the Stones did he continue racing or did he just retire? I wonder what his best time was in the pre Tee Rat/Doo what version? Would be interesting to find out what happened to Tee Rat 2 as it didn't seem to be out as long as Tee Rat 1. I think Tee Rat 1 eventually ran in the 7.70s (maybe wrong) after doing some research.
After the T the Benbow and Fullerton team ran this Junior Fueler in '73 then sold it to Tony Froome in '74
1973 084.jpg
Didnt that become the pontiac powered car that Baz Young drove? I maybe completely wrong!