UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38570  by jai_ford

You could make it work dude its budget that puts things into perspective after a bit of digging me and my brother came up with few cheaper options based on aftermarket availability that project is on the back burner as got my hands full, I'm building a nitro car at the moment very steep and expensive learning curve but will be worth the wait, but honestly do a lot of research and listen to those that have done it and made it work I'm sure people told Russ carpenter and Robin Read that the Daimler would never work and look at them for a bit of what can be achieved good luck

"THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MY RACE CAR MONEY COULDN'T FIX"
Real good quote I came across while researching running the good stuff
 #38571  by dorset horn

I haven't followed all your conversation but there was a magazine article posted on here a few years ago by Russ Carpenter. In it he said that the factory said that the max possible from the Daimler motor was I think it was 250bhp!! I don't know what they ended up producing but he told me once that the top fuel boys in the early '80's wanted the small engines banned from the class as they could outrun the bigger cars for the first 100- 200 yards!!
 #38586  by nitrofunnycar

I'm just after getting a bit more go, nothing extreme. Just fancy doing things a bit away from the usual. I work as a blacksmith so knocking bits up isn't a worry.
 #38628  by Flying Phil

Hi
There was a lot of work done on RV8 engines for the Rover Championship/Challenge cars. All the quick cars ran with Nitrous and were getting up to about 435 HP, Steve Green, Ian Hampstead and Paula Atkins ran into the 8's at around 150 mph (1996). After that, Tim Garlick ran even faster.