UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38558  by nitrofunnycar

Does anyone have any tales of people doing off the beaten track things with rover v8s in the early days? Back when they were all 3.5/215s.
 #38559  by longtimeracer

Our T bucket had Chevy small block rods, Buick iron heads and nitrous kit, 9.2 secs 144 mph in 1989, not too shabby IMO!
 #38561  by jai_ford

What's your plans and budget with yours mate look at early 90's rover v8 challenge stuff some if them where pretty quick, yours in a car or dragster chassis also think I read that Johnny hall had a quick blown one in a slingshot,
What box you running?
 #38562  by torment

I had a homemade lightened flywheel (read button sized),paddle clutch,homemade 6mm thick steel clutch can and a straight cut zf dog box...damn gearbox was louder than the engine when driving it.

wish i still had it.
 #38563  by nitrofunnycar

At the moment I just have a bogo 3.5 , no box. It's going in an altered with a fiat shell. I want to build my own high rise intake with 4 barrel carb. I've also got a real steel cam to go in it.
 #38564  by torment

Chap on rods n sods has made his own tunnel ram for a rover ..looks quite neat.
 #38566  by jai_ford

If it was me and numbers your talking of running I would build a methanol injected one building your own manifold and build a flying toilet type deal, Wayne on here built one for his 305 pretty neat have a look on his build thread on here,or stick a shot of gas in it as plenty of off the shelf bits, along time ago I remember getting 350hp out of a sdi unit and perks was the same weight as the pinto it replaced, just remember rovers have a lot of choice with compression, heads etc and cheap ish, if you want to stick the magic in it the cast stuff has to go me and my brother were looking to do a nitro rover fc but gone for different engine but still not the normal if you know what I mean good luck dude.