UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38300  by jai_ford

Hi herb
New dimension: is a steel 200in car brand new was going to be sbc powered but now has blown methanol bbc in it with a glide my little brother has decided to merge in with my dad and put his hand in his pocket :D
And other car
Don't tell the wife: is a 220in molly chassis with a Keith black hemi with at the moment a 14/71 little field blower and a b&j box just thought after the last two dragstalgia's would just go for it, both cars are based on a mix between Tony bartones car and Denver shutz's car and should look pretty much identical with each other,
The hemi has passed hands a few times and not seen a car or track for ten years or more. Thanks for looking James.
 #38303  by jai_ford

Hi herb steel chassis was built by Roy and liked it so much cost etc so have asked him to build molly one hope that clears it up, will post more pictures of the steel car over next couple of weeks as it tours the country having bits put on it :D
 #38442  by jai_ford

Hi all been a agonising wait but finally got steering box's and parts from strange so should be a bit more active here's a couple of updates on steel car will have more pics over next couple of weeks :D and get it on its wheels
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 13467 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 13467 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 13467 times
 #38445  by jai_ford

Dad and brother done a bit more on new dimension hopefully next weekend should be on its wheels :D
Attachments
Steering all buttoned up
Steering all buttoned up
image.jpeg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 13382 times
Pedals in
Pedals in
image.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 13382 times
 #38454  by ukdrn

Excellent, keep the updates coming please.
 #38533  by jai_ford

Hi all just a quick update for a couple of weeks my dad collected Steel chassis from intergalactic customs today after have rear axle mounted car is now rolling on its wheels next jobs over next couple of weeks
1.mount motor and plate
2.brake master cylinder
3.shifter
Should be collecting wheelie bar and chute mount and fuel tank as soon as I get back from my hols pics to follow.
Chromoly car is underway at Roy wildings going to drop gearbox and motor plate over weekend will sort some pics out but getting very exciting thanks for looking James
 #38567  by jai_ford

Just got back from my holiday filled suit cases to the max now time to crack on
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 13330 times
Safety gear for the two cars
Safety gear for the two cars
image.jpeg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 13330 times