UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38133  by bob hawkins

Fabulous shots from another awesome Dragstalgia! It just keeps getting better!
 #38136  by ukdrn

Of course next year there is a very special anniversary to celebrate.
No not that one :) it's this websites 20th anniversary 8)
 #38139  by jai_ford

Great pics as usual Jon really enjoyed my short time there this year met a few more faces and the last year as a spectator :D
 #38140  by jai_ford

The attachment image.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
You just had to be there
You just had to be there
image.jpg (301.52 KiB) Viewed 11774 times
 #38141  by jai_ford

image.jpg
image.jpg (930.16 KiB) Viewed 11770 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (379.72 KiB) Viewed 11770 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (339.66 KiB) Viewed 11770 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (470.78 KiB) Viewed 11770 times
 #38142  by dorrisdormouse

Cracking event, sorry we couldnt put on more of a show. We had magneto trouble on the Saturday, and after inspection after our warm up on Sunday we decided to skip what would have been our only run and take her home for a thorough check over.

Roy and I were talking over the weekend about the amount of "big" slingshots that are out there. He believes there could be as many as 16 cars out there that he know's of, some of which are yet to hit the track. Between that and the NFC and Altereds it could be said that Nostalgia drag racing is not only alive in the UK, but thriving. I think it's the next "big thing" over here. We spoke about the fact that there's enough cars to form a class - probably to run at lifestyle meetings like this. I'd like to think though that such a class would offer such a great show that maybe promoters would be keen to have it as part of there big show - such as at MSA meetings. I think that we should consider opening a dialog about such a class being part of next years Dragstalgia. A class for the big slingshots would be cool, but to keep the strength it could be wise to leave it open to all centre steer nostalgia cars - maybe with or without enclosed front wheels. What are peoples thoughts? Obviously what we want is a class with minimum bulls#it maximum show. We dont want the political problems suffered by other classes.
 #38143  by ukdrn

Nice photo's. Love the one of the two cars side by side.
 #38144  by torment

Dont think we need another class...whats wrong with supercharged outlaws,or wild bunch....just need to get people into a class..
 #38146  by ukdrn

I've seen this a few time snow and I hear it's heading for Street Elim but I never new until last weekend it was the Craklin Rose 71 Cuda.
SPR-DRAGS-2015-1000-44.jpg
SPR-DRAGS-2015-1000-44.jpg (139.32 KiB) Viewed 12423 times