UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37907  by jaytee

taylov wrote:Given that its 2015 and 50 years since the last Dragfest, how about a eight-car Nostalgia Top Fuel field at the Pod?
I'd be happy with one if it was Tony Bartone
 #37938  by ukdrn

One of the highlights for me (and many others) at this years Dragstalgia event with be the appeenace of the "Bubblegum" AA/FC of Bob and Matt Glassup.
The car appeared at the event last year as a roller but will be ready for strip duty this time.
The paint scene has been designed by Darren West of PRG and I must say that I personally love the clean design and colour.
I was always a fan of Capri bodied FC with the likes of Liam Churchill and others and having owned 4 Capri's myself including a road going SBC version so this is right up my street.
Can't wait
bubblegumfc.jpg
bubblegumfc.jpg (172.58 KiB) Viewed 12231 times
 #37939  by jaytee

I'm with you on the colour Jon, always loved the stance of the Eurosting so I'm looking forward to seeing this, now if someone could sponsor Dennis to recreate the Avenger 2 I'd be well happy
 #37940  by ukdrn

jaytee wrote:I'm with you on the colour Jon, always loved the stance of the Eurosting so I'm looking forward to seeing this, now if someone could sponsor Dennis to recreate the Avenger 2 I'd be well happy
That would be perfect, we live in hope.
 #37946  by Geofstilwell

As far as I know the answer is no he needs to be back in the US. At least that is what he said to me when I was with Don a couple of weeks ago.
 #37948  by Stu Bradbury

Don Garlits will defiantly not be at Dragstalgia.

The arrangement for him to be in the UK is between Goodwood and the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. Members of the British Drag Racing Hall of Fame management board and US Automotive have been involved arranging this visit, but this does not include visits to Santa Pod Raceway or any other facility.
 #37969  by Geofstilwell

Ask Santa Pod!!!

What I can tell you is that neither The British Drag Racing Hall of Fame or myself is involved in bringing cars or drivers over for the event.

Our commitment is to the Hall of Fame Gala dinner which I can assure you will be fantastic. As projects conclude there will be press announcements as to who is attending the dinner in November. So yet again I urge you to book your table or seat as you will not want to miss this event.