UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37531  by plymoutharrow

Just a thought, spectators used to come to the drag races in their old English/old yanks. Are there any interesting pictures of rides that used to turn up from the 1960s- present? Used to get alot of old british stuff and yanks back in the day just parking up.
 #37532  by timetravel

I always used to take a wander through the car parks to snap any Yanks or Customs, here's Terry Gibbs '69 Camaro
SANTA POD JULY '77 026.jpg
SANTA POD JULY '77 026.jpg (35.48 KiB) Viewed 10492 times
 #37540  by ukdrn

I have many pictures of some of the vehicles I have stayed/slept in at the drags and none of them are worth posting.
I will have a look thorough for some spectators cars though.
Good idea for a thread.
 #37605  by MrMotormind

I was a member of the National Street Van Association back in the 1970s, and the vanners used to park up in a circle around a camp fire on the pit lane side of the track at the top end. Very warm and sociable, having a few beers with mates over the race weekend. This photo is from the Easter '76 Don Garlits meet and shows my old Ford Anglia van, my temporary home from Good Friday until the following Tuesday morning. I gave up on the idea of trying to get out of Santa Pod at the end of Monday's racing...you just couldn't move! Fun times...happy days.
Santa Pod Easter '76.JPG
Santa Pod Easter '76.JPG (484.38 KiB) Viewed 9827 times
 #37637  by MisteR Tee

Not spectators per se, but some of Race Control who were mostly members of the Con Rodders (my first rodding car club).
img582.jpg
img582.jpg (130.96 KiB) Viewed 9300 times
img583.jpg
img583.jpg (159.49 KiB) Viewed 9300 times