UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37363  by jonmental

Great article....Great pictures....
:D
 #37376  by Stu Bradbury

Mighty powerful read Jon. Lots of detailed information on one of the most significant Drag Racing incidents that changed the design of Fuel cars Worldwide.

So proud that we now have the innovator "Big Daddy" Don Garlits inducted into the British Drag Racing Hall of Fame.

Who would have even envisaged this would happen when the BDRHoF was born in 2006. :-)
 #37378  by ukdrn

Stu Bradbury wrote: So proud that we now have the innovator "Big Daddy" Don Garlits inducted into the British Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
Who would have even envisaged this would happen when the BDRHoF was born in 2006. :-)
Never in a million years would never thought that something like this would ever take place with somebody like Don in attendance 8)
I'm looking forward to and so nervous at the same time :roll:
 #37379  by Stu Bradbury

It's not X factor Jon, you don't have to do a turn. Just walk up on stage, take the well earned Award and find your seat, have a beer. :-)

You think your nervous, I've got to make a speech in the precence of an HRH, Lords, distinguished guests and all you lot. Not the sort of thing and old fart of a startline marshall has had any training for?? :-)
 #37381  by ukdrn

Stu Bradbury wrote:It's not X factor Jon, you don't have to do a turn. Just walk up on stage, take the well earned Award and find your seat, have a beer. :-)

You think your nervous, I've got to make a speech in the precence of an HRH, Lords, distinguished guests and all you lot. Not the sort of thing and old fart of a startline marshall has had any training for?? :-)
I guess it a bit hypercritical not liking the attention myself when I point my camera in peoples faces at meetings.

I think your be fine Stu, you always know the right things to say.

As for doing a turn, well are you telling me I wont be able to show off the plate spinning routine I've been learning for 2 months :(
 #37382  by Stu Bradbury

Place spinning, now that would be something not seen at a Drag Racing Dinner before, at least, not on stage :-)