UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37101  by jaytee

I guess this'll die on it's arse......but after reading the Bartletts thread about the Renault 4 body he made, I was
wondering how many different bodies Pat Cuss produced over the years, maybe a future HoF candidate as well

http://www.trakbytes.co.uk/potw2.html
 #37102  by Glenn R

Ooh that'll be difficult one as a lot of the work was not highly publicised but nevertheless a good and very interesting call, especially if accompanied by pictures?
 #37105  by timetravel

probably most well known are the Topolinos and Bantams. I think I'm right in saying he used the steel bodied Hillbillies altered to make the Topolinos and Fred Whittle's home made aluminium Bantam body on Shutdown for the Bantams.

As well as for drag racing his Topolino bodies are being put a good use now by the Heritage stock car racers...
095.JPG
095.JPG (173.68 KiB) Viewed 12858 times
 #37106  by Merrykneessnr

On a slight tangent, I believe I have a Pat Cuss Topolino which appears correct from the bulkhead back but a more rounded /narrow front end than other versions across the pond.
My question is, is there anyone UK based who can make a front end as per Bad Habit below.
 #37124  by jai_ford

Hi Ian car looks good will email you pat cuss's details would of thought the man himself can help you out, mounting the wheels etc next week then will update the pics in vehicle history page barletts robin is the chassis I have good luck James.

Upon ordering my body from pat for my chassis he said the mould he uses goes back to the 70's and the first glass body they made was on the hillbillies car full screen version although he said he's not involved in the racing nowadays a lot of the past and present bodies have come from his shop when I collect my body in a couple of weeks will ask him about all of the one off stuff jaytee
 #37126  by Merrykneessnr

Hi Jaytee
Will keep an eye out for your update pics.
Thanks for asking Pat and fingers crossed he maybe able to help with the front end. Nice to get some history on the body.
cheers
Ian
 #37132  by jaytee

jai_ford wrote: when I collect my body in a couple of weeks will ask him about all of the one off stuff jaytee
thanks that'll be interesting to know
Attachments
aapc.jpg
aapc.jpg (1009.89 KiB) Viewed 12315 times
 #37149  by billyboy132

Our Pat Cuss Bantam.

We were actually chatting to Fred Whittle at the HRD's as he lives round the corner from us. He didnt exactly deny the suggestion that Pat Cuss used his body to create his own fibreglass version but did highlight that if you look at his body in comparison to our Cuss body it seems very unlikely. Freds body has no rear wings and the whole rear is very different to a real Bantam with no spare wheel well etc. (considering he very much created the body using only photos of Pure Heaven and Pure Hell!!). Ours very much replicates a real bantam with the rear wings, rather shapely back end including the wheel well etc.
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 12035 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 12035 times
 #37347  by jai_ford

Collected my topo body really cool seeing the original mould from the 70s along side it,
pat cuss is really nice guy any his workshop was unreal seen parts of his streamliners dotted around the place asked him of his one offs for drag racing here are the ones I can remember
Dennis piddle, monza funny car,
Reliant scimitar funny car,
Vauxhall funny car from the vauxhall designers model before car was even on the public roads think he said that was another hillbillies car that they cut and chopped and put back together,
The tupelo honey Reno 4 he said he didn't quite get that one!
He said he had loads of funny car moulds from way back when but due to smaller property back then they got stacked bad and got binned, gutted hey wouldn't it be good to see hillbillies scimitar or a monza blast down the pod at dragstalgia I'm waffling now any pics of cars mentioned if I've made sense thanks guys.